States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Planting flowers & we sprang a leak!

I got up and did my morning routine and then i went into town and bought some things. Actually, hubby woke me up around 4 am and complained he was getting wet. I thought i was dreaming and told him to use the umbrella ... lol

He woke me up again and said, no i'm getting wet in bed. I then told him, nice, at least it's your side and not mine ..ROFL Well i finally came awake enough to get up and help him and sure enough his pillows were soaked, the rain was running in around the window seal, the curtain was soaked. I got some towels and kept wiping but the water still came in. Hubby got dressed and went up the ladder to see what he could see. It has stopped raining but were still getting water. He got the broom and swept the roof off, finally he came in and said it must be around the window seal because the roof looked fine and it's not leaking in the cabinets. We wiped the window and then put some duct tape around it to seal it until i can get to town and get some caulk. Back to bed we went, hubby had to put towels over his wet pillows and i did share one of my dry ones with him . See i can be a good wife at times ... well when i want to be
Since we were up i put the dogs out to potty and so they let me sleep until after 8 am .. wow good dogs! I went into town to get some sealant and I stopped by the local Dollar store and got some flower pots and soil. Then i headed to the local Wally world and got the sealant and some flowers. I bought myself a mother's day present.

Hubby sealed the window and the roof above it while he was at it. He wanted to make sure he doesn't get wet again, he even sealed my side as well .. oh yes, hopefully i won't get wet now either ! While he was doing that, i planted my flowers in the pots and sat them around my turf rug, they look so nice don't ya think?



Ooops, i worked too long on the flowers, i forgot hubby needed feed before going to work, he got a lunch meat sandwich. Welllllll no one is perfect and i'm first to admit i'm far from it. hehe

I chatted to my neice tonight online and she told me that my dad's heart is strong enough to with stand surgery and so a date is suppose to be set for him to have surgery. Let's pray that all turns out well for him. She says she will keep my posted. Apparently my mom has been ill as well again, but she is out of the hospital and doing better now.

It wasn't anything serious, that is why the family didn't call me. That is a down side to full-timing, when something happens you are not around and sometimes it makes you feel guilty that your not there to help your family out. I know that they all know that i love them and i'd be there in a heart beat if they needed me. It's not like were a small family. After all with 13 children, there is plenty to carry the work load, only 2 of us are out of state right now.

No comments: