States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Interesting Chat!

Today was spent as a day of relaxation ... Meaning I hardly did anything. I did go grocery shopping earlier and that's about it. It's so hot and humid outside you can't stand to go out. It was a day of just staying inside in the AC and watching the tube.

Later in the the early evening I took a walk and found a lady sitting outside in her swing. She invited me to swing and chat with her. Her name is Elaine.

Around 7 pm I was sitting outside and my neighbor Steve came & invited me to sit outside with him. I took my lawn chair and chatted with Steve. Steve is parked 2 sites behind me, but the space between us is open.

He is very interesting to chat with. He came from the Ukraine in the 40's. He is about 78 yrs old give or take, no one would believe he is much past 60! He was telling me how he goes dancing every friday night. He even showed me how he just glides on his feet. For a man of his age, he sure can dance!

He came to New York and then joined the service in the USA. He spent 20 yrs in the service and then has traveled around the US. He is now retired and works part-time in the campground. I could have sat and listened to his stories all night. We said our good nights and retired to our own homes.

have a good one and until next time .....

No comments: