States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Trip to see the Grand daughter!


Gabe and I left around 6 pm Thursday evening to head back to Illinois for a brief visit. We packed an overnight bag and headed back. The grandson decided it wasn't time for him to enter into this world yet. Oh well, I got to visit with my grand daughter while we were back in Illinois.
Grandma had a blast playing with her and I enjoyed playing with her puppy growup. I hadn't gotten to see it as we left before Christmas and Santa brought it to her Christmas Eve night. She also played me Mary had a little Lamb on her keyboard that Great Grandma & Papa got her. I thought i captured it on video but when i got home the video didn't work.
When time came for us to leave she cried and wanted to come back with Grandma. She just loves the Ocean and water. I tried to convince her she had to be there for when her brother arrives, but she wanted no part of it. I told her she had another month of school, but that didn't matter either. It was hard to leave her crying. I'm glad i had gotten my kisses and hugs earlier cuz she was in no mood for them when we left her crying.

We didn't even spend the night, we decided to head on back after a few hours of visiting. That way Gabe would be rested up for work on Monday. He drove most of the way and when he got sleepy i'd take over for a bit for him to rest up.
Gabe's gf rode back with us to visit for a few weeks and see if she thinks she'd like to move here. We also had to pick up his baby girl, Lexi his dog. His gf had been watching her for him for a few weeks.
The trip there was pretty peaceful and didn't really see much. The way home we say several wrecks, a semi-trailer turned over and a pickup truck that rolled over. Those were both in Tennesse. In Alabama we say a huge fire. A house was completely ingulfed and so were the pine trees around it. It looked to be a forest fire that was out of control. I had never seen a fire so huge in my entire life. I prayed that there was no one in the house. We met several fire trucks heading to it.

We got back home around 4 am Saturday and headed to bed for some good sleep.

No comments: