States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall is here!

Wow it's been awhile since i have posted to my blog. I haven't had alot of internet connection. When I do not get internet inside of Ms. Southwind. Life has been crazy for us.

It's also been a busy few weeks at the campground. Last week, all the campers except for those of us who are working had to pull out their rigs and are not allowed to camp the next few weeks. The reason they had to move out is because of the big MAPS Convention.

Dale hasn't been feeling well and then his grandson came home from Iraq so i have been filling in since Ed the guy who usually does has left for their winter destination. We finally got all the campers that were suppose to be out of the campground moved. Wanda has been helping me. She and I have made such a terrific friendship. We laugh, we cry and we have a great time together. I'm so thankful for her friendship and love.

The MAPS RVer's started arriving the last week of Sept and kept us busy parking them. Wow, they have so many wonderful people in their organisation. I think we ended up with like 5 parking places that was empty. The rest was filled up! After the work of greeting and getting them settled in was done. My work then changed from a hostees to cook/laundry. We cooked meals for them and they had several banquets that were table clothes, globets and all the nice stuff. Then i also worked the morning shift doing laundry for those that stayed in the motel. I did get such a wonderful blessing during this time. I meet some wonderful ladies who helped me do all that laundry! Marion, Betty, Julie, Jan, Tish and if i forgot anyone else i'm sorry. I'm horrible with names. I also met some great guys whom i enjoyed harrassing! Yes, i know, they took it well. I had a wonderful time during the convention even though it was an extremely busy time.



Several of the RV Volunteers left this week to head to their winter resting area.

Makes me dream and remember some good times around this time of year. Don't ya just love the fall of the year? I love the fall colors and seeing all the leaves on the trees changing colors. In our stick home we had some beautiful maple trees and people would drive from all over to come and take pictures of the leaves. It's very warm here and the leaves are all still green. No color ... I sure miss all the colors of fall and the cooler temps where in the evening you need a jacket.

here is what i have been dreaming of the past few days.


No comments: