States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Gabe & A sore toe

Today is my baby boy Gabe's birthday, he is 22! Happy birthday Gabe, I love you!

Although it’s a dreary rainy day today, it’s very needed as it’s been very dry and dusty here. The temps are wonderful and I’ve spent most of day sitting under the awning reading and watching the peaceful rain. We did have a bit of a thunder storm last night but no high winds or anything. I enjoy a rain when it’s a nice rain such as today.

Thursday July 9th we went on a trail ride with some new friends and look at some of the beauty were enjoying? Isn’t life so ruff living full-time exploring our great country’s beauty?

005 003 004

This is what is called Lonnie’s Lookout and below you can see wilder campground.

002-1

Here are Hubby and I in the cave, there are several caves on the ranch and this one is called Cold Cave. See how dirty we are? We haven’t had any rain and trails, roads are very dusty right now. It was a warm day but felt so wonderful inside of the cave. It was nice and cool.

001

007

At first i thought it was a wonderful idea to go inside the cave and look around. WRONG!! We didn’t realize the cave was very slippery and muddy. I fell down inside the cave and couldn’t get back out. It took hubby and Bill to get me out and in the process i must of hit a sharp rock or something because i tore the skin off my big toe and now i have a very sore toe! I didn’t take a picture of it when it first happened, but it is looking much better and it’s healing. Here is what my sore toe looks like now. Needless to say walking is very hard as the sore toe is in on my good foot.

Hope your all having a great summer and until next time ….

2 comments:

Heidi Lotter said...

It is August 28th.... I hope the toe healed and all is well.

Paula said...

I miss you! Hopefully all is well and you are just having fun!