States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, January 20, 2007

uh oh .. is something wrong

Hubby decides to get up and go out and start up the motor home, he is starting to worry something is wrong with her. I stay inside as its cold and i'm lazy today.

After a few minutes i don't hear her running and look outside and her hood is up and he doesn't appear to be in a good frame of mind. I go out and ask what is wrong. He tells me that he can't get anything, no charge, no nothing, its like the engine is dead. I decided to go inside of her and check out the house batteries and see if maybe they drained the engine battery. (actually thinking uh oh .. i'm in trouble i left something on) I checked the house battery, no register, the panel won't work! I'm thinking okay, what did i turn on yesterday. After checking everything, i remember .. oh Larry said to always turn on the switches on ..duh .. i didn't turn them on. Flipped the switches and the panel works fine, both house batteries are fully charged. I get up in the driver seat and turn the ignitation and she starts right up. Wow, i found the problem! Hubby comes inside and asked me how i got her to start .. LOL I first reply, she likes a woman touch .. of course he is no joking manner! I then tell him to get in the driver seat and turn her off. He does, i flip the switches to that neat feature Larry had showed me. Then i tell hubby to try her. Nothing! I flip the switches back and tell him to try her now. behold she starts on the first try! We found our problem all along. It wasn't her battery it was the fact that i was flipping the switches off all the time .. lol Apparently when the chasis and coach switch is turned off, nothing works and i mean nothing! Nice safety feature.

Well now that i'm dressed and up i might as well go to work, after all she is warming up nicely. I also decide to put hubby to work. I have him carry all the boxes that we have been living out of for the past few months. He carry's the boxes in and i go to work in putting things away and trying to organize where i want what.

Packing and unpacking is the worst part of moving .. i'm so glad we never moved much through the years, in fact this is our 3rd move in 24 years and 2 of those moves have been in the past 4 months .. lol

No comments: