States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, February 25, 2007

We got neighbors!

The rain has finally stopped, and it's chilly outside today so I decided it was a good day to do some baking. I have a chocolate cake in the oven now and I have home made white bread raising on the stove. Tonight we are having spaghetti and home made bread for dinner with cake as dessert!

We have no neighbors today, I guess with all the rain yesterday Billy & Craig decided not to come back. I can't say as I blame them, not much to do in a van when it's raining. I have only seen one car drive through the park today, I guess the weather is keeping everyone inside!

I forgot to take a picture of the cake, so here is one of what is left. Hubby loves his chocolate cake!


Saturday, February 24, 2007

We've been living inside of Ms Southwind a month today!

The van dwellers came back late yesterday afternoon and spent the night again. They were sitting outside, so I went over and introduced myself and we started chatting. It was great to have another lady to talk to, I hadn't had that in a while. We discussed how they got into van dwelling and they showed me how they had their setup inside their van, wow, I was amazed how organized Billy had their van. I was also amazed as Billy (lady) is disabled and only has one leg. Yet she camps in a van and gets around like you wouldn't believe. Billy said that they are hoping to someday buy an RV and live in it as we are doing. Her husband (Craig) is still working and they have a few years left before he can retire. It was nice to have someone else in the park with us again. I had missed having neighbors. I adore and love hubby, but getting him into a conversation some times is worse then pulling teeth!

It's a cold & rainy day today, although I do enjoy the sounds of the rain drops hitting the roof. We are warm & cozy inside, I put some beef in the crock pot. I love crock meals, they are so easy!

Friday, February, 23, 2007

Wow, we got neighbors! I woke up around 4 am and looked out and we have a van on one side of us and another parked in a handicap parking space in front of the shower house. Then we have a tent behind us! I heard a noise around 6.30 am and the dogs decided they need to go outside. I got up and took them outside and the camper at the shower house drove off. Then around 7 am the van packed up and left. It's a cloudy day today and their predicting chances of rain tonight and tomorrow. The sun came out a little bit later and so hubby and I decided it was monthly maintance day. He showed me how to open the hood and how to open the batteries and we added water to them. Wow, they had bubbled over. He showed me how to check the oil, power steering fluid. I'm not sure I will remember that one. He also showed me how to check the tires for pressure. I always wondered what that thing was he carried in the vehicles.

Since the sun had come out and gotten warmer, the dogs and I took our daily walk, then of course when we got back home we had to take our daily nap!

No comments: