States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nothing much Happening...

Not much has been going on in my life these past few days. Earlier in the week i had the blues, but i think i am slowly coming out of it. I'm not really happy with the park i'm at. It's a blue collar park and most people in here have their nose way to far in the air. I'm so restricted here. The park is mostly construction workers and they come and go. Because of a the situation that occurred a few aweeks ago i no longer go out for my night time walks with the dogs i enjoyed.

I don't walk my dogs during the daytime either as their getting older and a couple of them are getting fraile. I worry about other dogs hurting them by accident. I got up and tried walking the dogs around 7.30 am after all the workers had left, but that didn't work either. Several others walk their dogs before it gets warm. I've been missing my grand kids big time and was looking forward to seeing them this month. But, now that isn't going to happen. My son's wife grandpa is very ill and so she is helping take care of him. He is now on life support. Plus my son has more work then he thought he would because of all the rain they've had north. He has to get this work done before winter. So it's looking like it will be a few more months before i get to see my grand children.

Ive basicily been doing my daily routine. Getting up, getting the dishes done, picking up the RV, checking the blogs that i follow and reading email from the RV groups i belong to. The rest of the time is spent relaxing and watching the tube. Lately mostly the weather station to see where Ike is headed. It's appears that Ike is heading to Texas but may get the edge of Lousiana. So far we have not been told to evacuate. We are in a tropical storm warning and the wind has picked up a bit. Today i am going to put away the lawn chairs and secure anything that can blow. They say we are likely to have tropical winds & tornado's with lots of rain causing flooding.

Today the sun will come out and shine and then the clouds cover and it's cloudy. Last night we got a surprise little rain storm. The wind blew a bit and it poured. Once again i was in a swamp but at least with the pallets i didn't have to stand in it! There is still evidence of rain and water holding in the streets.

Well i hope you all have a great day and until later .............

No comments: