States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, September 26, 2008

where have i been

Where have i been? What have i been doing?

This past weekend was spent doing laundry, grocery shopping and just the day to day routine.

The weather has been mostly wonderful all week here! There was one day that we got some rain and my swamp returned. In the morning and late evenings it's a bit cool and during the day it warms back up but not to hot. My kind of weather.

I was without internet for 3 days! So i had to fill my time with other things. I've been doing my normal morning routine of getting up, taking the dogs on a walk to potty. Then do my dishes from the day before and pick up Ms. Southwind.

So this week, i have accomplished, finished a romance book i was reading and of course started a new one. dug out my embroidry I started a baby quilt last winter for my grandson and haven't finished it (bad grandma) I have to get it finished before this winter. I am on my last row and then i have to go back and do the fill in, which won't take long (i hope). Then i will add some material and i'm going to try to quilt it on my sewing machine.




Ms. Southwind has had a couple visitors this week and they were not humans. After the rain, i was sitting under the awning when i spotted this little guy/gal. I put the turtle on my deck to get a better picture. Of course as you see here, the lil fellow was heading as fast as he/she could to get away and back into his swamp.


As you see in the picture, the lil fellow made to back to the swamp
and was much happier. This lil guy was so tiny, much bigger then nickle. Ms. Southwind enjoyed the visit and of course i did as well.






The other night i was on the computer doing some reading and surfering and this lil creature decided to visit me. I have no clue what it is? It was yellow and looked kinda like a grass hopper. Of course it wasn't.
After looking the fellow over, i released the fellow back outside.






I got up this morning and visited with my neighbor a bit, then went inside and did my dishes, picked up the camper and then i decided to tackle the job of installing the window tint i bought last night. It actually went on pretty good and i got most of the bubbles out. I love it, not only does it keep the sun out, it gives me more privacy! After that i had bought the stuff this weekend at Dollar Tree to make a fall wreath to hang on my door. So i got the stuff together and made a wreath. Here is the final results, i'm happy with it and thinks it gives Ms. Southwind a nice touch.







I also bought a cover for my new freezer to keep the weather off of it. I bought a grill cover and it works great!

Here a picture of my flowers, don't they look great? I moved them to my patio, so i can enjoy them.



After all mly work it was time to start dinner. My neighbor brougt me over some gator sausage links, so i cut them in half and fried them. I also fried gizzards, made scollap potatoes and stuffing. The gator sausage was okay, a bit more spicy then i prefer. Gabe loved it.
After dinner, i took my nightly walk, showered and i'm gonna watch the debate ..... Night all ... Until later .........

No comments: