States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, September 8, 2008

Settling back down to the comforts of home




The campground had a few campers in it when pulled in. The older run down motor home in the first picture didn't end up leaving during the storm. Apparently they waited until last minute and had trouble with the engine and of course no tow truck was risking being caught. So they rode it out. I talk to the couple in it and the lady said she was scared and was worried it would turn over. The man of course said it wasn't that bad.


Here is a few campers that were here when we arrived, they pulled back in on before we did.





Here is Ms. Southwind safely parked back in her spot. Swamp and all! I was not happy to see the swamp back and iI'm not going to continue to put up with this muddy swamp. It tracks in the camper, it draws mosquito's and it stinks big time!


There are many spots still open from evacuee's who haven't returned yet.


Okay so what i have been doing .... Not really much of anything....

Wednesday i did a bit of re-arranging the camper so I can move around. The rest of the week, i played lazy. I need to just relax and take it easy. With my disability i find that it doesn't take much to wear me out anymore. This weekend was spent doing errands.

Here are some pictures i took today, as you can see the campground is filling back up. Several pulled in on Wednesday and this weekend.




Our neighbor Steve who got stuck in Mobile because he waited to long to leave finally arrived back Wednesday afternoon.



There are still some spots today that campers have not arrived back, This spot behind us is where Tammy & Robert were, but they have found another park. They were not happy here and have decided to move to another park. I hated to see them leave as Tammy and I had so much fun together. I will miss Tammy so much. Tammy did stop by Sunday to see me, she is about 15 miles away, so hopefully we can get together from time to time. She wanted us to move over where they are but hubby doesn't want to be that far from work.



The campers parked on the same row all moved back in yesterday.

There is still a spot across the street that is empty and the couple there are not coming back either. The couple on the end that was in a fifth wheel didn't come back and another camper that was on the other side moved into their spot yesterday. One lady here has birds that she puts outside and they are so noisy! Tried to sit outside yesterday and those birds were so noisy all they do is bicker at each other. I'm not sure how that will go over here since our part of the campsite is a quiet area and we like it that way!



Here is what Ms. Southwind looks like as she is snuggling back in. I got some pallets & crates and had to dig my rug back out of the dumpster. I was upset when i found out that they threw my pallets and rug away when i got back. I don't understand this park, it's a clickish park. Some people they left their pallets alone and others of us they threw them away. As you can see i lost the ply wood on one pallet. Although i did get a bigger pallet, the motor home behind, where the green & white truck was, had to pull back out on Saturday. The man is going in the hospital. He offered his pallet and had his 2 friends help carry it to my site. It's not in the best of shape but it's much better then the swamp i was in. Doesn't it look better then all that mud?



See what i have on my porch, yes i finally found a freezer like I'd been looking for! Some K-marts have them now. I got a good deal too! It's a Kenmore (Sears) and they sale for $279.99. Of course being the cheap person i am, i held out long enough that i found one and guess the best part??






They had them on sale for $230 and since they were all sold out and only had the display. I negotiated an additional 30 % off the selling price. With tax it was a total of $164! What a great buy and I'm so happy! See how much stuff it will hold?


See how small my refrigerator freezer is?? I've been fighting it for 19 months! I had seen these freezers from other Rver's but had never been able to find one anywhere. Recently i found that Wal-mart has then in their online store, but didn't want to spend $282 for one (Wal-mart cost) so i held out and it finally paid off.





Here is a picture of one the dogs enjoying looking out this morning. Actually she was being nosey and making sure i wasn't leaving her. See all the bugs on the window? Their all over the front of the RV. We got into a patch of them coming back Wednesday. They call them Love Bugs and they are starting to really come out here. In Florida they talked about them being horrible. I never knew what they were talking about, now i do. If I can i will try to get a picture of them sometime and post. Well I'm off for my afternoon of having to much fun ... actually i have to vacuum and get the RV all cleaned up before it's time to start dinner. Then I'm done for the day!

Until next time .............

No comments: