States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ms. Southwind getting a repair

We got up around 8 am and got ourselves moving. I had to do some calling around to find a new blower motor for Ms. Southwind roof air conditioner. On Wednesday i woke up to a funny sound and the smell of something getting hot. The blower motor went out on the roof air conditioner. Luckily most of the day wasn’t extremely hot. Although by late afternoon and with all the moving around i did packing and getting things ready it got a bit on the warm side inside Ms. Southwind.

Several places i called didn’t have the motor in stock and said it would be Wednesday or later before it would come in. Well since it is suppose to start raining and rain everyday through out the entire week and next weekend i really wanted to get the motor installed today while the sun was shining.

I finally found a place that had one in stock although it was 30 bucks higher. It was worth the extra to get the ac fixed and going. So we headed over and picked up the motor and it was the correct one!

027

Lenny had the motor installed and air was working within in a few hours. Here is what the old motor looked like. Ms. Southwind is so happy to have her roof air working again. Everything was getting a bit damp from the humidity and not having the air to take it out.

After getting showers we decided to go out for lunch, i wasn’t in the mood cook, even though after seeing the scale this morning! I gained 2 lbs last week! With not being able to walk and then the road trip where fried chicken, McDonalds & Lil Cesar pizza was eaten. Plus, i drank several regular Pepsi's! Instead of buying 2 soda’s we elected to go with one regular and share it. Oh it was so good to drink real Pepsi! It’s still very hard for me to drink diet soda. I still can not drink a entire diet soda, after a few drinks it gets a bad taste for me. I’ve been ordering diet soda with water when i go out to eat and i barely drink 1/4 of it and usually end up drinking all of my water. Ughhhh .. i started out good, but then they had nice hot funnel cakes and i couldn’t resist one, well the first was so good that i couldn’t resist a second one! Dang i have really went on a binge! Although once i got home and added up my calories i really didn’t do bad. I ended up having a total of 1159 calories today and since i ate them all at my late afternoon lunch i didn’t eat the rest of the day. In fact i came home and walked 266 calories off!

I’m hoping to get my walking in this between the rain they are predicting for this coming week. At least the temps are to be in the 70’s. I can handle that and man am i ever so glad to be back in warm weather. Although I'm bit sad as I'm ready to roll out of Mississippi and back closer to my kids/grandkids. But i know for sure that isn’t gonna happen until it warms up there. This week confirmed my body just can’t take the cooler weather. So heading north will not happen until the weather warms up. It’s looking like it will may be June instead of May before heading out.

After going out to eat the weekly grocery shoppin needed to be done so since Save A-lot was along the way home we stopped and got groceries.

Save A-lot ………….. Bananas … 54 3 - beans & franks … 2.07 cheese curls … 1.19 granola bars … 1.99 10 lbs bacon … 14.90 Grapes … 2.68 Apples … 1.00 Lettuce … 1.19 stick butter … 69 3 - potted meat … 99 milk … 2.79 oatmeal snack cakes … 1.49 whipped topping … 89 Total …$34.68

Until next time …….

No comments: