States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, April 30, 2009

saying goodbye to the last of my walking buddy’s

There hasn’t really been much to blog about this week. It’s been a very long week for me and i thought it would never get over. Saturday morning the last of my walking buddy’s left me. Angela and her fiancé Ryan loaded up early Saturday morning and i was over there by 6.45 am to say good bye, even though i hadn’t been to bed yet. Yes i know, i made a entire night of it out after the concert and didn’t get home until 6.30 am! I hated saying good bye but Ryan’s job ended and he had to be at work on Monday in North Carolina!

I went out for lunch on Saturday but it just didn’t taste as good as normal, hmmm maybe because I'm tired .. hehe I didn’t sleep all day Saturday and didn’t get to bed until around 2 am Sunday morning. Once i did i couldn’t sleep. I was back up by 7 am. Sunday i went out for lunch and ran around most of the day and didn’t get home until around 7 pm!

I’ve been sick with my allergies and haven’t felt like doing anything! I haven’t been sleeping at night due to drainage and non stop coughing! My ears, throat, nose and eyes itch none stop. I’ve had a headache almost daily. I have had to eat sugar free butterscotch candy all the time. 3 pieces = 30 calories …ehee but i can’t stand couch drops and have to suck on something for my throat.

I have tried to walk, but it’s been so hot & humid here. I got sun burnt on Tuesday and i never burn like this. I usually burn a bit but by the next morning it’s a tan, not this time. I don’t think i will peel (hope not) but I'm still a bit on the red side.

I didn’t even go shopping until until Wednesday night so grocery’s were slim this week, only a trip to Save A-lot …..

Banana … 35 2 – ice cream … 4.78 celery … 99 Vienna wieners … 89 raisin bran cereal … 1.99 5 – pizza mix … 2.45 bacon bits … 1.29 lime soda … 79 4 pak lighter … 1.00 mac & cheese … 50 3 - potted meat … 99 3 – mushrooms … 1.77 spag sauce … 99 2 – salad mix … 1.98 whipped topping … 89

Total ….$25.82

I have stayed the same as far as my weight this week. I didn’t gain, but i didn’t lose! I thought after all i had eaten last weekend that i would gained a lb. I guess being sick, no sleep and missing my friends has taken its toll on me. I have one more week of being home alone, but at least this coming week, will be spent getting things packed up and ready to go. I have a list of things to do this week. 2 more weeks from Friday (May 15) and Ms. Southwind is rolling. YES, I can’t wait!

One thing on my list is to finish washing Ms. Southwind! She still has some mildew on the back side and back end of her that i haven’t washed yet. But, that is on the list this week.

Here is what i had to eat during the week … I'm just going to post Dinner as i eat cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch and jell-o w/whip topping for snack …

Monday

Pork chops with mac & cheese

Calories … 1005

Calories burned … 453

Tuesday

home made pizza with sausage, hamburger, onions and mushrooms, cheese

Calories … 1307 as you can see, i splurged with the candy

Calories burned … 494

Wednesday

pork steak and home made pasta salad with ranch dressing, mayo, peas, bacon bits, onions, celery & mac

Calories … 1237 same for here, eating the candy for throat, is not good

Calories burned … 644

Thursday

hamburger and french fries

Calories … 1082

Calories burned … 693

Hope you all have a great weekend and until next time

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tohear from you.
Where will you be going when you leave there?
Do you and your hubby just follow work?
Stay well. Those allergies are horrible. I had them while we were in LA. I found my Claritin didn't work but the buck a box of allergy tabs from Dollar General did! Go figure!
Toodles! Paula

Pennie said...

Hi paula,

heading to Mo for the summer. Unforuntally work is still a big part of our lives. Normally we decide where we want to go and see what kind of work is in the area.

Yes, i'm taking the dollar general and prescription stuff both. My allergies were just as bad in Florida, but i haven't found anywhere i don't suffer with allergies & hay fever in the spring & fall.

Jo said...

Glad to read your post again. It is hard to say good bye to good friends. All my friends will be pulling out by the end of the month for the summer but at least mine come back in late Sept. and Oct. I hope to take some trips during the summer to get away from this heat.
Have you tried jolly ranchers sugar free candy it may work better than butter scotch.
Jo

Pennie said...

thanks for the great tip Jo, i'm not sure that i will ever see the friends i made here, but i do know that i will cherish the time we had. I love meeting and making new friends and i'm excited about heading to a new place soon.

No i haven't tried the sugar free ones, didn't know they had them. Jolly Ranchers is what i also used before the diet came in the picture. I'm gonna have to look for some of em