States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, November 8, 2008

My old laptop died .... Sinus Infection

It's been a fun past few days. I got up yesterday morning and my laptop was off. I tried to turn it on and nothing. Then i picked it up and checked the vents to make sure no dust was in them as it seems to build up there. But, nope not the problem. Then i smelt something that smelled like it was burnt. Yep, i fried the motherboard. Since i didn't have alot of time and had to be at a doctor appt at 9.30 am, i quickly dressed, picked up my laptop and desktop, loaded them up and headed out the door.

I have a sinus infection, but other then my allergy med's not really anything i can take for it, even though i feel like crap! I think i got it last week while i was in there. After my doctor appt, I stopped by Best Buy and took both the desktop and laptop into have the geeks look at them. First i had them try my desktop to make sure that it worked after installing the power supply. While in Florida my monitor went out and i bought one at good will, but when i plugged it in it fried. I never messed with it, since i had purchased a new laptop for my b'day. Although i do not like the new laptop. Yep, it worked all i need is a new monitor. So the next one was my laptop (which is 4 yrs old), yep it was confirmed, the mother board is fried. Of course i just had to ask how much to get it fixed, $400 bucks, nottttttttttt

The good thing is Best Buy had some of their monitors on sale and so i got one pretty cheaply. So i came home and took my hard drive out of my old laptop and hooked up my new monitor. Yep, it still works.

I know eventually i have to get used to Vista but i hate it. None of my old programs want to work on it, even when i do the compatibility thingy. So for now i will do my online stuff on the new laptop but all my scrap booking will be done on my desktop. Needless to say, i have been transferring data and programs that will work on Vista all day long. Grrrr .... new computers.

Well i hope your all having a great day ... I'm still sick and I'm sick of messing with computers! Have a great one .....

No comments: