States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fresh Shrimp ... mmmmm


I got up early this morning and it was a good thing. My neighbor was knocking on my door around 7.00 am. She was going to the dock to get some fresh shrimp and i had mentioned that I'd like to go sometime so she came to wake me up. I was already awake, just not dressed. I hurried and got dressed and we headed to the dock for some fresh Shrimp.
We got there around 7.50 am and the first 8 boats or so were already sold out! WOW She was looking for the small shrimp to use as fishing bait and i was looking for shrimp to eat. We finally found a boat that had the small shrimp she was looking for and she bought the rest they had, around 22 lbs. Then we found another boat who had some larger size shrimp. She paid $2.50 a lb for her small shrimp and we both paid $2.50 a lb for the larger shrimp. I got 5 lbs and she got 10 lbs. I spent $15 in shrimp, but she spent over $70! Heading back to our campers we both had to clean our eating shrimp. I had never cleaned shrimp before and after learning how i got pretty good at it by the time i got to the end of my shrimp. I put some on ice in the frig and the rest was bagged up in baggies and stored in the freezer. I love shrimp fried, boiled and steamed. Heck i love shrimp anyway it's cooked!!!
After getting the shrimp all cleaned i was tired and sluggish, I'm still not feeling the best not sure if I'm coming down with something or what? Later on that evening another of my neighbors had a campfire going and invited me over so of course i accepted. She had BBQ some ribs on the grill and offered me to try some. Of course i couldn't resist and then she asked me to try her rice salad, it was so good ... she uses rice and makes like a potato salad with it, it doesn't sound good, but it is. I had a great dinner ... mmmm Finally around 8.30 pm after the fire died down we both returned to our campers and i showered and was in bed by a little after 9 pm.

No comments: