States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, November 24, 2008

Where have I been

Reader Paula asked where i was and missed me. Wow what a great feeling to know that my readers enjoy my blog and miss me when I'm gone. Thank you so much Paula! You made my day when i read this.

Okay, so where have I been and what have i been up? I am finally over my sinus cold, about time! So what did i do all last week? Let's see, i spent the first part of my week working on my scrap booking as it was chilly and too cold to venture outside, going out to dinner with a few neighbors to celebrate one neighbor b'day.

Later in the week I spent it running around with a trip to Mexico! A friend invited me to tag along to Mexico. Her husband has family who lives in Matamoros, Mexico. We crossed the border at Brownsville, TX and arrived at Emilio family home. It was amazing and i could of kicked myself for not remembering my camera. Emilio family welcomed me and kindly put me up. It was different to see house that were open. The homes there have walls, but no doors, the home did have shutters that were closed at night and the home had a gated fences that was very high around it and was locked after dark. From what i could understand it was for protection to keep the not so honest Mexicans out. I have to say it was one time i wished heat was available. It was very chilly there from the cool front that had moved in.

I got to enjoy a birthday celebration and sorry but my understanding of the Mexican language is not good, i forgot what they called it. It was beautiful with lots of flowers, cake and wonderful food. Emilio mother celebrated her birthday for the first time in her 73 years as until a few months ago when her baptism papers were found she never really knew the date she was born. There was lots of wonderful music and i forgot what they called the band. They had the black outfits with the big brim hats and all.

On our last day there we went shopping and i purchased several things, the picture above i purchased a water vase with a drinking cup, a coffee cup and a couple small trinkets. I thought it was just beautiful. I also purchased a new purse, although I'm thinking of not using it, but hanging it up as a decoration.



It was a wonderful experience. I didn't need a passport, thank goodness. All that was needed was a photo ID & my birth certificate which i had both.

Today is a day of relaxation and trying to recoup from the weekend of having too much fun. Hope your weekend was a great one ... until next time .....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! To both, your blog and America! Sounds like you had a great visit. I am so jealous! Stay well!

Anonymous said...

OK, now where did you go? Europe! Hope to hear from you soon. We will be hitting the road this week. Hoping to leave Wednesday. I won't have internet till I find some free WIFI. Stay well. miss ya

Pennie said...

Paula, have a great and safe trip. I'm back and you can read where i've been.

I wish it was Europe ... hehe