States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We have a new elected President

Well it looks like America has a newly elected president! I am not sure weather this is a good thing as those around the world seem to be celebrating. I have been around the block a time or two for elections and i have yet to find one who actually does keep their word and do what they promise to do. I am not convinced that this time around will be any different.

It is all great to promise to do this and do that, yet it's amazing how quickly they seem to forget all those promises they made while campaigning. Actions speak much louder then words and unfortunately America is so corrupt that those running take campaign bribes and are at the mercy of those who donated to their cause. So when it comes to doing what they actually promised the American people their hands are tied because of the donations they accepted from those who are corrupt. I fear the same thing has once again occurred.

We have seen how the current administration has used the $700 billion dollar plus bailout. Wall Street is being feed big time, yet main street is still suffering and paying for it. Makes one wonder if the next administration will be any different? I have serious doubts that there will be much change.

I know that in my current situation, i decided what they heck, why not contact my US Senator for help in fighting the corruption of the legal and political system. So i personally contacted Senator Obama office and signed the needed paper work for them to investigate my case. They promised to look into my situation and get back to me by the first of the next week. Yet a week went by and i called & emailed, yet i heard nothing from them. Only that they would get back to me. So i showed up at his office and demanded to know why i hadn't heard anything. Once again i was assured i would hear something from them soon. Well behold, yesterday afternoon i got an email back from Senator Obama office informing me they were sorry but they were unable to help me with my problem, it was a legal matter.

Duhhhhh ... i know it's a legal matter and i thought that Senator Obama & his wife was an attorney? Instead his office recommended me to contact a free legal aid company that i had already contacted and doesn't offer services for my type of legal matter. What is so disgusting is that this isn't the first time since Senator Obama became my senator that i have contacted his office for services. The first time i went and meet him at a town hall meeting in person, shook his hand and asked why his office hadn't bothered to contact me on the matter. Senator Obama was clueless about it, and turned to his aid and asked why, the aid said he didn't know but assured me they would contact me soon. Well behold it's been over 2 years and i have yet to still hear from his office on that matter. Why did i think that this time was any different? Yet, i am suppose to have confidence that as my President and leader of America he will change and he claims he wants change for all Americans i still can not get any assistance from his office. How will it be any different for all Americans around the country if as a Senator i couldn't get assistance, how will you the American people get any assistance from him as President?

Unfortunately I'm afraid that once again America has a president who will only support and have time for those who have filled his pockets and gotten him where he is today. I do not have any hope that America is in fact in for some great Change ahead of us. I think instead America is head for more devastating and hardship times ahead of her. I will add that i did not believe that John McCain was the man for this job I pray that America has made the right decision.

I hope that i am wrong and change is in our future for America ...only time will tell .....

1 comment:

The Cat said...

Change happens only when those who promise it MAKE it happen.

I'm afraid those who got Obama where he is today, won't do any better unless Obama insists that they step up to the plate and make the change he talked about. You know the saying about surrounding yourself with those who 'walk the walk' with you.

It will soon be seen if Obama is one who just talks the talk or of the other persuasion.

I didn't vote for him, but I was proud of him at his 'Acceptance'. Today he seems to be coming out with a new personna. He is our President (or will be), so it's my belief that we should rally behind him and support him! The people have spoken!