States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, May 15, 2009

Our first night

Our first night here during the night was woke up by the sound of marble size hail hitting the roof of Ms.Southwind. My friend said that the ranger had come around and announced on the intercom to head to the shelter as a we were under a tornado warning. I slept right through it and didn’t even hear the ranger….hmmm not a good thing. I was either exhausted or have gotten use to sleeping through sirens and noise from living in a very large city and hearing planes, trains, & sirens all day and night long. I told her next time to come beat on my door and wake me up although we didn’t end up with any wind, just rain & a bit of hail but no damage.

I was up by 7 am and doing my morning walk. I hadn’t walked in a week! Although it’s much more difficult to walk in the rocks then on the paved blacktop that I'm used to. But hey, it should help build my legs up even more.

It’s so nice to be back in peace & quiet! I love just hearing the sounds of nature. Hubby was up early as well and out the door as the fish were calling him.

032

He came home very happy as he caught a very nice fish. Hubby has caught his limit Thursday and Friday both. Were both thrilled to be here and have some relaxation time.

033

Our days have been filled, we get up early and it seems like before we know it’s 10 pm and time for bed. We haven’t really been doing much relaxation. Although we are having a blast and enjoying our time here. I think we are still in vacation mode and eventually things will slow down and more relaxation will be done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you and know you are safe.
Where are you? (city,state) I think you said something about Missouri but what town.
Happy Anniversary also!

grannipam said...

Hey let me know where you are in Mo. We are at my son's in Litchfield for the summer and then leaving in Nov. Been reading your blog. Where were you in Miss. Where did you stay and how long and where are you in Mo. Send me a note when you gget a chance.
Love ya,
Pam

JoJo said...

Hi, just finished reading up on your blogs. Haven't had internet for a week as I am staying with my dad. So I had to sign up with Verizon. I don't know how long I will be here it could be months or a year as he is not well.
Anyway glad you move went well and Happy Anniversary too.
JoJo

Pennie said...

We are near Branson Missouri and will be here until around the 1st of Oct. We haven't set a firm date when we will be heading back south.