States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Happy Fat Tuesday or is that Happy Mardi Gras? 

Today has been just beautiful.  The 001temps are perfect!  There is a nice breeze blowing fresh air inside of Ms. Southwind.  We love having the doors and windows open while fresh airs blows through.003

 

 

 

 

005

I took the dogs on a walk earlier and they loved it.   It was a great afternoon for a walk. 

 

I had never celebrated Fat 006Tuesday before.  Since I'm in the south and it’s a big deal around here.  I went to a evening parade.  Today is the last day of Mardi gras.  I have really enjoyed the parades.  I’ve been to 3 of them now and all three were great! 

  010 008 009

 011

This float here was my favorite!  It’s a old motor home turned into a float.  Pretty neat huh?

012  013 016

 021I had noticed that all the parades i had been to some of them had commodes/out houses on them.  So curious mind that i have and my no fear of strangers i asked a gentle men and he laughed and said they were on the floats for exactly what they were.  To use the restroom for those on the floats.  Hmmm it was interesting and it cured the 022wondering mind.  In all the years of seeing parades, i had never ever seen this before.

 

 

025

This truck was pulling the big bee, I'm not sure what the bee represented but it was a cut bee and the looked to be an old army truck?024

026

032

I was so surprised how much trash was left over from the parade.  It seems no matter what state you go to people just don’t care about the beauty of our country.

 029It seems liter is where ever you go.  Looks like the city workers will have tons of work in cleaning us this mess.  The workers were already working to take down the fence.  It was a nice parade and the perfect touch to a wonderful evening.  

028

 

 

 

 

 

030

After the parade i went back to Ms. Southwind and did some relaxing and was in bed before 9 pm.  Yes, i know i have been going to bed extremely early for me. 

031

 

Maybe it’s the beautiful weather and spending lots of time outside enjoying it?

Hope you all had a wonderful day and until next time!

No comments: