States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shopping with a sting!

I woke up Saturday to a beautiful morning. I took the dogs for a walk. Yes i walked 5 dogs yesterday. Lexi was the first one as she is very hyper and pulls so she has to be walked by herself. Then i walked Dolly, Duke and Lucy at the same time. Dixie isn’t able to go on walks yet again. She can walk enough to get to the door and once you carry her outside she can walk to go potty and back to the door. Then i went to Ms. Brenda’s and walked her dog Peppy and feed and watered the bird.

By the time i got my mile walk in i was hot and sweating! I showered and got dressed for my lunch date. It was a great meal and after lunch it was time to do the dreaded weekend deeds. Yes, grocery shopping. Dollar Tree and Save – A- Lot on on the way home so those 2 places were visited first. Ughhh here is what i got for my dollars ……

3 - Bath tissue … 3.00

2 - spot shot carpet cleaner … 2.00

Pine Sol … 1.00

Potpourri carpet spray … 1.00

air freshener … 1.00

the works – toilet cleaner … 1.00

draino … 1.00

2 - flower seeds … 2.00

b’day card for my dad … 1.00

oven/grill cleaner … 1.00

fabric softener … 1.00

A total with taxes ……..$15.52

Save – A- lot took even more of my money! Dang it’s amazing how just a few things can up add so quickly. Although last week i spent $50 bucks at Save – A- Lot alone so i guess i should be happy this week bill was a bit cheaper.

Here is what i got for my dollars ..

Bananas … 53

2 – Beets … 1.18

frozen veggie mix … 1.19

chicken broth …. 49

Bugles … 99 Celery … 1.39

Chili Beans … 59

2-chicken & rice … 1.38

6-jell-o … 1.98

chicken bouillon … 1.19

4-cream of mushroom soup … 1.96

corn chips … 1.19 croutons … 99

frosty flakes cereal … 1.99

imitation bacon bits …. 1.29

Ranch dressing … 1.18

Lemon Lime soda … 69

mushrooms … 99

frozen peas … 99

raison bran cereal … 1.79

rocky road ice cream … 2.29

2-graham cracker crust … 1.98

2-whip topping … 1.98

A Total with tax …… $36.26

After coming back to Ms. Southwind and putting those few items away in no time it was then time to load up my laundry and get it done for the week. I spent $5.00 on 2 loads of laundry.

After resting a bit … i finally decided to finish my day by going to Wal-mart and getting that dreaded deed done. Wal-mart here is always packed unless you go extremely late when I'm normally sleeping.

Here is what I got for my dollars at Wal-mart …..

Dog food …. 10.00

2 – D Batteries … 1.88

Bottle caps candy … 1.00

Dog Leash … 12.24

marsh mellow treats … 1.62

Nestea Tea … 2.53

Raspberry Drink Mix …. 1.76

Apple Tea Mix … 1.76

Memory foam Mattress … 92.88

Brita Filter … 16.96

3 – Camper Bulbs … 8.01

A total of …….. $161.19

************************************

A grand Total of $212.97 Ouch!!!!

I decided my back and butt couldn’t take it any longer sitting at the dinette set & couch. Being Ms. Southwind is only a young 22 yrs old the cushions are pretty much wore out! So i bit the bullet and finally gave in and purchased a memory foam mattress, cut it to fit and man the difference it makes. Eventually i want to get material and redo them. For now i have sheet & Towel over them to hide the new addition. I’m hoping this summer to take down my pleated shades and replace them, plus I'd like to redo the valances & curtains through out Ms. Southwind.

By the time i got all the dreaded deeds done, the temps were starting to change big time. The wind had been blowing somewhat through the day, but nothing strong. Wow the temps had dropped fast and it was a bit on the chilly side. I had wished I'd of brought me a jacket. It’s definitely not T-shirt weather now. Finally it was time to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. Night all

No comments: