States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, March 1, 2009

March comes in like a Lion!

Wow the first day of March and it sure did come in like a lion.  The saying has been if March comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb.  I sure hope so.  The temps dropped from 75 degrees to 34 degrees!  I thought the south was suppose to be warm?  Dang, it hasn’t been today.  I think the temps did get to the low 50’s but with the wind, it didn’t feel warm at all.  In fact i had the heater running all day long! 

I got up this morning and took care of my babies, then i got dressed and put on my face … hehe  Yes, I'm quite scary without it, esp in the mornings … LOL   Then it was time to take of the bird and dog I'm sitting for.  I felt sorry for the bird and doggie, it was a bit on the chilly side in their home.  Their mama didn’t leave the heat set to come on for them and i never thought about it last night when i checked.  It was still warm inside and i assumed the heat was on for them.   Oooops … i tried turning on the furnace but it wouldn’t come on, so i turned it back off.  I finally dug enough i found the electric heater i knew their mama used sometimes.  So i set it up on top of the stove and got it going for them. 

Then it was time to head out the door,  Yes, another lunch date today.   My friend whom moved invited me for lunch and of course I accepted.  It was a wonderful lunch and we had a wonderful afternoon visiting. 

I didn’t get home from my date until after 5 pm!  Wow, my babies meet me at the door and didn’t even wait for the leash or me to tell them to come outside.  That is not a normal thing for them when it’s cold outside.  I guess they really had to go … Of course it wasn’t long before they were barking to come back inside … hehe 

I also had to go take care of the bird and dog.   They were happy to see me and peppy was ready to go out.  The bird was ready to be covered and retire to bed.  I kicked their heater up a bit as it’s suppose to be chilly again tonight.  Made sure both had plenty of food and water.

Tonight has been a night of relaxation after an exhausting weekend.  I have to admit, it hurt the pocket book for the memory foam purchase, but well worth it on the behind and back.  My dinette seat and couch are so comfy now!

Well until next time ……..  

No comments: