States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Interesting Day?

My day started out kinda slow. I didn’t sleep good. My back is aching from the rain. It rained most of the night. I was sitting and doing my morning bible study when i heard a very loud knock on my door (more like a pounding) I went to the door and it was Brenda. She said that the ambulance was at the Howells. That 2 fire trucks had been there also but had left. 3 police cars were there. I told her let me get some clothes on and she said no come on in your pj’s. I’m in mine. So i slipped on my flip flops and we headed out the door. Mrs. Howell passed away this morning. Several of the neighbors were standing out and so we visited with them and when Mr. Howell came out we walked over and talked to him. He asked us to wait with until the coroner arrived to take her body. Of course we agreed. After everyone left and it was just him Brenda and I talked to him and he was very upset that he had to make the dreaded calls to their children, sisters and family. We offered to help but he said no he needed to do it. We basically just listened as he once again told us their love story.

Finally we all retired back to our own homes with a heavy heart. Mrs. Lois was the sweetest lady, they have been camp host here 10 yrs now! In the beginning they left and went other places but as they got older Mrs. Lois wanted to stay put here and this is where she wanted to die. She fell about 2 weeks ago inside her home and since then she has gone down hill. God has now called her home and she is no longer suffering. Of course we here at the park will feel the lose and Mr.. Howell will need our support as he gets through this sad time in his life. He is at least content that his wife is not suffering and is in a much better place now.

Around 10 am i heard another knock on my door, luckily i was dressed this time and not parading through out the park in my pj’s … hehe

Guess who was standing at my door holding 2 fish? Yessss … Steve! These fish had not even been cleaned, he had purchased them fresh from one of the local fishing boats that sells their fresh catch every day. He was bringing a peace offering as he has decided not to move back to the park. hmmmmm

001

NO … I did not clean those fish! I did offer the use of my knife and fish cleaning pliers though … hehe

I did cook them though. I also made some slaw & mac salad to go with them. Luckily i had some cabbage (that needed used) in the frig. The fish were spectacled salt water trout and they were good. They seemed to be a bit more oily then brown and rainbow trout that i love. I’m a big fish eater. In fact i can’t wait until it gets warmer in Missouri as that is where I'm headed for the summer. I plan to spend alot of timing trout fishing.

After lunch Steve got his camper shell loaded back up and left. I remembered that there was a local parade here today but i missed it with the surprise dinner i cooked. So i decided i better get my laundry done before the rain moves back in. I got my laundry done and then headed to Wal-mart as the dogs are out of dog food. Ooops … here is what i purchased at Wal-mart …..

2 – ham salad … 1.96 3 – tuna salad … 2.94 and dog food … 10.00 A total of 15.94

The grand Total of groceries this week was …. $35.65 and the Grand Total with vet bill and flea med’s was … $185.63 ughhhhh

It was a good thing i got back to Ms. Southwind when i did as the rain came in buckets! I’m still not feeling good today, my back is aching and I'm a bit on the dizzy side from the pain meds. The rest of the evening was spent laying on the couch. I decided around 7.30 pm I'd had enough and it was off to bed. I’m not sure if it was too much having fun this weekend or the rain that is causing the back to hurt. I’m sure it’s a bit of both, but hey i had a fun and i hope that your weekend was a good one too.

Until next time …..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Hope your back is feeling better.
Sorry to hear your friend Steve won't be able to move back to the RV park. Those fishhe brought you look good, but no I wouldn't want to clean them either. hehe.
I just bought me a small camper and hope to have it home by tomorrow. Can't wait to clean it up and do my thing inside. Will do small trips for awhile into the high country to get away from this AZ heat.
Take care
JoJo