States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go away!

Thursday and Friday have both been very dreary days! It has rained and rained. Severe thunderstorms, tornado warnings, strong winds and heavy down pours.

I was awaken several times during the night Thursday, well actually very early early Friday morning. First it was the dogs were scared, then the weather alert, then to the dread feel of water! I got up and found the leak over my bed. Some how the wind blew water in from somewhere and the light over my bed is dripping! I got a gal bag and taped it over the light and thought i’d had solved that problem. Well when i got up i noticed the bedroom floor was damp, behold the vent in the bedroom is leaking and it even has a vent cover … grrr so i get a bowl and place it on the floor, well guess what yep another leak in the kitchen! The air conditioner is leaking as well, the kitchen floor is soaked! So i put a bowl under that leak and get the fan out and try to start to dry out the very soaked kitchen carpet. Finally i get back to bed and then the thunder comes again and the dogs wake me up, i get back to sleep after the storm passes to be waken again by dripping water. The bag was so full that the water was dripping. Grrrrr … i say forget it and get up. So i was up most of the night and very early.

Friday my day starts with getting myself motivated to get dressed for my lunch date. Needless to say it’s still pouring with rain and rained most of the day and night. I had a nice lunch date. I return home and to let the dogs out and then head back out the door for my night on the town. Ughhh i finally get home around 3.30 am! Of course, once i’m home i can’t go straight to bed so around 4.30 am i finally get to bed to be waken up at 7.15 am by the dogs…. grrrr Of course once i’m up, there is no going back to sleep for me unless i’m sick. I have no clue why i’m not like most people who can be waken and fall right back sleep but i can’t. So once again it’s another night of no sleep and up early. I had another lunch date to day with a friend who’s husband is working 7 days/13 days straight with 1 day off before the next shift begins.

We spent the day walking through stores and most it was spent walking through the large flea market. I got home around 5 pm and i had to hurry and let the dogs out, get dressed for my evening night out. No time to rest.

Hope your all having a great weekend.

No comments: