States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I’ve lost 32 lbs!

I haven’t posted about my new year goal but I've decided since I've been doing so good i would share it with you all. On Jan 12, 2009, i started a diet. Yes, i know what those of you who know me so well are thinking. Pennie a diet? No way she can’t give up that 12 pack of soda and 2 gallons of sweet sweet tea she drinks every single day. But guess what? I have given up all regular soda (drink very few diet soda) and have not drank a glass of sweet tea since. Yes, shocking but very true. Know I'm drinking the peach & apple sugar free tea from Wal-mart and the sugar free fruit drinks you add to a bottle of water, and yes I'm even able to drink plain old water! I have lost a total of 32 lbs! My goal is to lose another 38! I’ve been measure & weighing most of my food, and i haven’t really changed the way i cook, i pretty much eat what i want just am really careful how much of a portion. Yes, even with going out to eat every weekend at all you can eat buffet i have done well. I just limit myself on what and how much i eat. If I'm craving a dessert, i eat it, sometimes it may only be a few bites or the entire piece. Last week i was craving bread rolls and guess what i ate 2 of them with the honey butter.

Another thing i have been doing is eating 3 meals a day most days, breakfast usually consist of oat or raison bran cereal with 1/4 skim milk, with water added to make 3/4. Lunch is usually a nice salad with celery, shredded cheese, bacon bits or low fat turkey ham, tomatoes, peppers & radish’s, what ever i want to have it on … if I'm not in the salad mood i may have a bowl of home made soup or a sandwich with low fat turkey ham on whole wheat bread that is only 45 calories a slice. Supper is usually a nice size meal for example last night i had 1/2 cottage cheese and shrimp stir fry. The night before it was chicken & noodles, the night before was broiled chicken thigh with 1/2 rice o roni and a cup of green beans. For a evening snack i usually keep sugar free jell-O made up in 1 c servings which is 17 calories and i put 2 tablespoons of cool whip, i may also have a oat & caramel bar (140 calories), rice krispie treat (90 calories) granola bar (100 calories) or an apple salad, apple, orange or some type of fruit. Sometimes if I'm hungry during the day time i may snack on some type of fruit as well. In the past 2 1/2 months i have stayed within a 1200 a day calorie diet plan and not one time have i gone to bed hungry or feeling that I'm starving. My doctor once told me when i reported on a 2 week diet he requested that i was drinking my calories and if i cut them to half I'd be surprised how much weight i could lose, because it wasn’t my eating habit that put those hips & butt on me. Wow, he was right!


I will keep you all updated on how I'm doing … until next time, ya all have a great one ……….

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss! Hooray! I need to do that slao. I quit smoking about 30 some pounds ago.
What exercise do you do? Just walking something else also?
Keep up the good work>

Pennie said...

Thanks Paula, yes the only exercise i have been doing is trying to walk at least 5 days a week. Sometimes i may get a couple miles in a day, of course i walk then rest, then i walk again. I have been trying to walk after i eat each meal at least.

Paula said...

Thanks. You are going to be my inspriation. We get back home in a week and that is when I plan to start.
Are you still in MS by McComb????

Jo said...

WOW! Good for you and it may ease up you back pain a little. I know that the more weight I gain the more pains I have. Keep up the good work I am rooting for you.
Jo

Pennie said...

Thanks Jo, well unforuntally, i've lost 70 lbs before and it didn't ease up my back pain. I'm just trying to lose the weight i've gained back. I do find that the stress on my left leg is much less with the few pounds.