States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cleaning Ms. Southwind!

I woke up early to a beautiful day, got up and got the dishes done. Yes, i know I'm lazy and hate doing the dishes after fixing dinner. I wonder how many you actually prefer to do the dishes the next morning but do it after dinner because it’s what our mom taught us? My mom was a clean freak … everything had to be kept picked up, straightened up and the dishes had to be done after each meal. I have a sister that is just like her. Fortunately for me I'm not that way. I used to be before my injury. Now i have learned to relax and let the work wait. It’s not like it goes anywhere, it’s always there the next day .. hehe

After I had Ms. Southwind all cleaned up i took the dogs on our morning walk. The weather was so beautiful that we took several walks. Later i decided i had been putting off cleaning on the outside of Ms. Southwind long enough. I did buy the cleaning supplies last weekend. Ms. Southwind has mildew on the outside of her. I thinks it’s because we’ve been in the very humid south too long! Here in this park, washing vehicles is prohibited with a hose or bucket. I bought some cheap Clorox clean up spray and am going to use that. I used the spray and then wiped it up with a old rag, then i took another rag and a bowl and washed it off with that. It’s not perfect but it works until i move. I could only get where i could reach as i don’t climb on ladders. My balance is not what it used to be and climbing is not good with my injury. Later i plan to get out the brush and get the higher stuff i can’t reach at a later time. I only did one side of the camper. The door side that i see all the time. I plan to do this in sections as it is alot of work and the back just doesn’t take work very good.

After all that cleaning i then fixed dinner and it the rest of the evening was spent relaxing on the couch!

Hope you all had a great day

No comments: