States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, March 9, 2009

Beautiful weather

Saturday was a busy day. I got up and took the dogs on a walk before my busy day got started. Once i got the dogs walked, i took a shower and got ready for my lunch date. My ex neighbor Steve is taking us out for lunch. We meet him around noon. Spent the entire afternoon along the beach! (sorry forgot my camera) I was amazed how many people there was out on the beach! I have never seen so many on the beach here. In Florida yes, but not here. The weather has been just beautiful, great weather for being outside and enjoy the sun. Later in the afternoon we said good bye and headed to get the grocery shopping done. The first stop was Dollar Tree ….

Fabric softener … 1.00 rubbing alcohol … 1.00 2 awesome cleaner … 2.00 rug/carpet cleaner …. 1.00 eye liner …1.00 powder … 1.00 Total of $7.49

Then it was on over to Save – A-lot …

spag … 99 Bananas … 30 choc pudding … 99 Gala Apples … 1.00 Grapes … 4.17 Italian Garlic Bread … 1.69 Lettuce … 1.19 Milk … 2.69 Jell-o … 1.98 mushrooms … 99 4 pot pies … 2.36 pork & beans … 55 ice cream … 2.29 sloppy joe mix … 79 strawberries … 1.99 Velveeta cheese … 4.99 2 cool whip … 1.78 3 wylers drink mix … 2.97 Total …. $36.07 A Grand Total …. $43.56

Sunday … Of course we all lost an hour of sleep since the time sprang forward! Although i have to admit, i love it when time springs forward. It' makes the day go faster and the day has more day light. Later in the afternoon laundry was done and the grocery shopping was finished. I like to get my meat at the local grocery outlet. I usually buy what’s on sale. Today i got ……

Chicken Gizzards … 1.99 Polish Sausage … 1.25 Leg Quarters … 2.37 Family pack ground chuck … 11.84 cherry Rolaids … 1.79 A Total …. $20.59 A Grand Total of the week’s grocery’s ….. $64.15

I try to re stock anything that i use during the week. With the economy the way it is, i think it’s a good idea to keep my pantry completely stocked. My freezer/pantry is completely stocked full. I have enough food to survive several months if need be. I have also been trying to eat healthier therefore i have noticed a bit of rise in our food bill. Although prices have continued to rise over the past few months. My goal is to stay under $100 a week for grocery, personal & house hold items.

It’s been a great weekend, the weather has been so beautiful, and I'm exhausted so I'm off to bed .. hope ya all have a great one … until next time …

No comments: