States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve!

001-aToday my ex neighbor turned 79 years young!  This weekend while having lunch i told him if he hadn’t moved I'd of made him a cake for his birthday.  Of course he got excited and replied, i will come over and i will even come for dinner … hehe  So i asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner.  He wanted meatballs, spaghetti & Garlic bread.  So that’s what i made him and i made him a cherry cheese cake as i had made one before and knew he liked it.

002-a We had a great dinner, sang Happy Birthday to him and i snapped some pictures of him.  After dinner we took a walk around the park and then he returned home.  I have spent the evening being lazy and watching the TV. 

I will miss Steve when we leave here, we have become really good friends.  He was a bit disappointed when he first arrived tonight as none of his 6 kids called to even say Happy Birthday.  I think our dinner made up for it and he seemed really happy when he left. 

Well night all … have a good one and until next time ……

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was really nice of you to make Steve a wonderful meal and sounding very good cherry cheese cake. Make me sad that he has all these kids and not even one had the decency to call him for his birthday. What is wrong with this world anyway.
Thanks again for caring for your friend.
JoJo

Pennie said...

JoJo,

thank you, I enjoy the friendships i make along my new journey in life and i truly enjoying cooking. I enjoyed Steve's birthday celebration as much as he did. Yes, it's such a shame that life is so hetic that people tend to forget those who should be first in our lives. Thanks for reading my blog, i love hearing from those who follow my journey.