States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, February 22, 2009

It’s been chilly here

Thursday started out to be a chilly morning and by afternoon the sun was shining and it was very nice.  A afternoon walk was taken. 

Friday was a chilly lazy day all day long.  I just couldn’t get motivated and spent my entire day inside of Ms. Southwind. I spent the day and evening curled up reading a good romance book.  I finished the book around 11.30 pm shut off my light and it was lights out.  Yes, i read an entire romance book in one day … hey i don’t want to hear it … I'm living a life of vagabond and freedom to do what i want when i want … yes i know all you working people are so jealous … hehe

Saturday ended up being a busy day,  it’s been a bit nippy here and very windy.  Several errands were ran and in doing so i noticed lots of people out and police cars and police men on the streets with fences.  I had thought the parade was at 7 pm, but i had the wrong day!  It was in fact at 2 pm!  Lucky for me i had errands in this neck of the woods and so i found a parking spot and got me a spot to watch the parade.  It ended up being lots of fun and joining in the fight for the beads with the locals was so much fun.  At one time i thought i was going to have to whip a guy because he kept jumping for the beds and bumping me.  I finally told him, hey you knock me down and I'm going to kick your butt … of course he laughed and replied … I’m sure you could.  Another lady and his wife were trying to see who could get the most beads and the other lady told the other one, well your husband is helping you, I'm getting mine on my own and i told the gal maybe we should put our big butts to work and knock her husband out .. we laughed and used our big rumps to push him back … everyone got a laugh out of it.  Actually the man was quite polite and offered to share his catch with me.  I declined as i was getting my own and offering them to the children behind me who were not getting any.  The kids loved having me bring them beads.  I did manage to get me another cup that i kept.  I also kept a couple of the larger pretty beads.  It ended up being a great afternoon and I'm still not sure if i had the most fun watching the adults or the children … they were both tons of fun.

Sorry no pictures of this parade as my camera was left inside of Ms. Southwind.  After the parade was over i headed over to Save a-lot to get my weekly grocery’s.  Then it was time to head home as it’s been a long and exhausting day.

I spent the evening curled up on the couch watching the tube and doing some reading.  Yes, I've started another book …

Sunday i got up and got the laundry sorted, it’s laundry day … ughhhhh  The laundry mat was packed and waiting for washer/dryers was a pain!  Finally the laundry was done and now put away for another week!  The sun is out but it’s still chilly, later this afternoon it warmed up to 58 and a walk was taken.  Lexi was begging to be walked, she’s been locked up way too long!  After my walked i fixed chicken tenders in mushroom soup gravy with mashed taters.  It was good.  Later a run to Wal-mart was in order.  Of course they didn’t have the bulbs i needed.  Apparently now Wal-mart is not carrying camper replacement bulbs in their RV section and you have to get them in the auto section and they are always out!  Very frustrating.  After my frustrating trip to Wal-mart it was back home and the rest of the afternoon/ evening has been spent catching up on blogs i follow and now watching the race!   Go Kurt Go!  Yes, I'm a #18 fan, he won both races yesterday!

Hope your all having a great weekend and until next time ….

No comments: