States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, March 29, 2010

It’s Monday!

I got up early today, Ms. Southwind was scheduled to be in at the tire shop at 8 am! I followed behind in the truck and we dropped off Ms. Southwind and was back home by 9 am!

Then it was time to get started cleaning. It’s amazing how fast things can clutter and get messy. I vacuumed the entire place, scrubbed the bathroom floor, washed the shower, vanity and toilet and did the dirty dishes. I also did 6 loads of laundry! It took me most of the day to get all this done. I have to work awhile, then rest and go back.

Later they called to ask if they could keep Ms. Southwind over night as they have been really busy today and hadn’t even gotten to her yet. I told them it was fine.

After dinner i went over to work on varnishing cabinets. Worked a few hours and then it was getting late and i was tired so headed home. It was another exhausting day but it felt good to be able to do some volunteer work again. I haven’t really done much volunteering since getting my new home. I’ve been busy working on it and it doesn’t take much to wear me out with my disability.

That is what is so good about doing volunteer work, you work at your own pace for example after i varnish a bit, i sit down and rest when my back starts telling me it needs to rest. Also you are not required to do such and such amount of time, you help out when you feel like it. If your having a bad day and don’t feel like doing anything you don’t have too. It’s not like a job where you are expected to be at work regardless weather your sick or not. You are not expected to get such and such done, you just work at what ever pace you are able to and what ever you get done to help is appreciated. If you can only work an hr that day that is fine. Being a volunteer has given me so much back in life. I don’t feel like I'm useless or there is no meaning to my life. It feels great to do something for someone else and especially feels great to know that there is still a life out there for me. It’s amazing how horrible i felt when all i could do was lay in a bed and think about how miserable i was and how much i hated my life. Now i don’t do that. Sure i have my bad days, but i also have my days that have meaning and give me self-esteem that there is still something i can do out there to help. I am thankful to God for blessing me with my good days and i ask his strength to get me through my bad days.

003I have this plaque on my wall and it says ….

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference … i read this sometimes several times a day and it always reminds of this verse …

Philippians 4:13 … I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments: