States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hitch Itch

001 I am really getting the hitch itch! I am ready to hit the road. It’s been great spending the winter in Texas and the wild flowers are blooming and they are beautiful! I finally got some pictures of the red bells .. from what i understand their similar to the blue bells. I didn’t get a picture of them while they were blooming because i was sick. I’ve enjoyed Texas despite the horribly cold winter. Although I have found that i like staying a couple of months and then I'm ready to hit the road. Normally we stay 4 months or so before moving on.

002We are planning to spend our first night boon docking on the beach at Padre Island. It’s something i have always wanted to do and then we have reservations for 4 nights at an RV Park. Hubby doesn’t like to go very long without hook ups and since moving into our new home we have never boon docked in it and this is going to be our trial period. Right now we only have one house battery and that is not enough. Hopefully this summer we will get our new home set up for more boon docking. We also do not have our generator set up for our new home yet. Hubby has to do that as well. But first he must get to feeling better.

003I don’t really have that much to do to get ready to roll. Our new home is so much larger and not really that much is out. I have to take down my pictures as i do not have them securely hung on the wall yet. I took the dog cages apart today. Finally this past week the dogs have finally adjusted to our new home and no longer want to sleep in them. I cleaned the truck out and got it ready for the dogs. I rearranged the outside storage so that we can fit everything inside the fifth wheel. Used to when we traveled the car was loaded down .. now we can not do that with the truck because the back seat is for the dogs.

I am going to wash bed sheets and all our clothes before we head out and run the sweeper. Of course that will be later in the week. I’m still easily tired so i am doing a bit here and bit there.

No comments: