States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

interesting day

Got up early and headed toward the beach. After the errands were done headed to the beach. Got to the beach and wow double red flags. The water is closed to the public. I've never seen waves like i saw today! The water was not its normal beautiful emerald green color. Instead it was dirty and nasty looking, like river water.

As was leaving the beach a guy walked up wanting some gas money, at first told him he didn't have any money and the guy thanked me anyways and said God Bless you anyway. I needed to use the restroom and when I came out of the restroom and guy was still there. Since the guy was neatly dressed and very polite, so I gave him $5.00 he kept thanking me and since he seemed polite I gave him another $4.00, told him hopefully that would get him closer to where he was going. He was very grateful. Weather he was telling the truth or not, at least can feel that I helped a fellow man in need.

Apparently it's spring break and there are college kids everywhere! Wal-mart was packed with them buying junk food and beer. Some had carts full of beer and then for food they had ramon noodles which are very cheap, just shook my head. After leaving the beach i started calling some local campgrounds for places to stay and most were either booked or to expensive. I finally found a couple and went and looked them over and decided on one. Put a deposit down and will be moving on March 15th.

I'm excited as I will only be about 5 mins from the beach! Will be set for a bit. I also have some other exciting news, my youngest son is going to come stay with for a bit. I'm excited about that.

well its late and i'm tired and gonna head to bed ..... until next time .....

No comments: