States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, March 8, 2008

An outing with the boys


Got up early and got around. Taking a couple of the boys out today. It's parent weekend and several of the boys don't have parents that can or want to come visit them on parent weekend. So I'm a foster parent today. Arrived to pick up the 2 boys I had did the paper work on & to my surprise one of the boys that had dinner with last night also showed up. Was excited as I had wanted to include him in our outing but was told ususally 2 is all they allow. So i made sure it was okay before we left and had to get permission from Pastor as he has the final say so. He said yes, and so headed out with my boys.

It was close to lunch time so took the boys to Hardee's and feed them lunch, we had a nice visit after finishing our lunch and then we headed to the bowling alley. We had a blast at the bowling alley and the boys really enjoyed bowling.




Here are some pictures of the guys bowling.












Putman, who is also in the program showed up with his dad and grandfather.






































Here are the boys playing some arcade games. Banda and Hagarud were also impressing the crowd by doing one arm pushups!

Here is a picture of all of the boys that were bowling today.



We left the alley and headed to Golden Corral, we all chowed down and the boys ate for almost 2 hours! After dinner I stopped to fill up the car and the boys were saying what they'd love to have. Beef Jerky and sun flower seeds. So I got them some. Had a wonderful serious conversation with them on the way home and the boys opened up and gave them some advise and a bit of guidence for their lives ahead of them.

We had a wonderful day and it was such a blessing. I spent about $150.00 but it was worth every penny of it. I think I received such a blessing today. It's amazing how God sends things into our lives.

No comments: