States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, May 2, 2008

Biker Weekend!

Today started out as a slow one. I didn't do much as my allergies are bothering me. I've decided today is going to be a crock pot meal. I threw some chops in the crock pot, and later added some chopped onion and pork gravy mix for gravy. I will make some mashed tators later and call it dinner.

I visited with my neighbor Steve for some time. After dinner i decided i wanted to take a ride and see all the bikes. It's biker week here and man are there ever tons of bikers here. I asked Jo the neighbor lady if she wanted to ride with me. So Jo and I headed to check out the town. After driving in traffic over an hour of nothing but bikers i stopped to get some gasoline. It was $3.58 a gal, cheapest i've seen in awhile. We were driving along the beach when Gabe called and asked where we were. I told him and he said we needed to head home as Jo's camper had been hit by another truck/camper pulling into the park. So we got back to the campground and the police were already here. Jo got all her paper work several men in the park told her they would help her fix it in the morning in case it rains. Then we helped the couple who hit her get parked in their spot. The campground is filling up. I think there is 2 spots left in the entire park! After helping get the couple set up as it's their first time out in their new setup. The other new neighbors on the other side of us needed to know where their cable hook up was. So i went and showed them. Their cord wasn't long enough so i dug and found one they could borrow. After helping get their cable hooked up, we visited for some time and then they headed out on their bike.

It's been a busy night and it's 11 pm and the town is still hoping with activity. i'm getting ready to head to bed. What a day!

No comments: