States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Biker Weekend Cont ...

I have been being really lazy lately. I am blaming it on my allergies. I have been sleeping in. After i finally drug myself outta bed. I got dressed and did the dishes. Then ran over to K-mart to look for Gabe some new work shoes. K-mart had one pair of his size and it wasn't what he wanted. So we headed to Wal-mart and behold, he found a pair of shoes. He purchased a pair of hiking boots. He wanted something that wasn't so heavy as his steel toe work boots. His tennis shoes didn't give him enough suppor. Hopefuly the hiking boots will do the trick.




We came back to the RV and put stuff away and I got online to see where the rain was at. You can see it coming. Decided if I was going to go look around I better go now. So I headed off in the car. Browsed through the displays and lots of people were doing what we were ... looking ... but no one seemed to be buying.


I did manage to snap a few pictures of some of the bikers around here. This place is crawling with bikers and is it ever noisy!













We went through the OCC display but didn't see anyone off the show that we recognized. Gabe saw Pauly on his bike last night and the neighbor saw Paul Sr, last night. Dang, I was hoping to get a picture with someone famous. I did take a picture of one their bikes they had on the display. After I got home I looked it up online and found the same bike. WOW!!

Here is my 3 favorite bikes they had on display. My favorite one is the left. It's awesome and kinda of old schooled. I loved watching Indian Larry build his bikes on biker build off. He had a talent for making his bikes stand out from the others. I sure do miss him. His death was a great loss. OCC's green bike above is my second favorite. This other red bike was my 3rd favorite. All were designed by different builders. I was disappointed not to see any air brushed designed bikes.

As you can see in these pictures how hazey it was getting to be. I could see the rain heading my way so headed back home and timed it just right. Not long after arriving it started pouring and I sat and watch the bikers hurry to get out of the rain. We needed the rain, but once it started it didn't want to stop. It was at least just a nice rain and didn't continue to down pour. I decided to take another ride and on our trip we saw several bike's turned over. Luckily I never saw any bad injuries. I came back to the park and i ran over to McDonald's and got a couple burgers for dinner. Spent the rest of the evening just watching the tube and playing Yahtzee on the computer. Then it was lights out.








Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments: