States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!



Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's out there. I hope you had a great day. Mine started out terrible! I got woke up at 5.05 A.M. by the phone ringing. It was the guy who works with Gabe. He was drunk and slurred so bad, i could barely understand him. He was calling to tell Gabe he'd see him tomorrow. I said you mean your not coming into work today and he said he was calling to tell him he'd see him tomorrow. I said so you are coming into work and he said yes. I couldn't get back to sleep after being woke up. Gabe got up and went off to work and i decided to try to lay back down.
I got back to sleep around 7.45 A.M. and was then woke up around 8.30 A.M. My neighbor said i could sleep through anything, there was a bad wreck right in front of the entrance to our side of the park. An explorer had rolled and threw the guy driving it out. He was lying in the road. The truck that hit him, left at first and then returned. There was a fire truck, several police cars and an ambulance. We walked outside and talked to the neighbors. After all the excitement was over, i came in and watched some tube. Around 11 A.M. I decided to lay back down. (sorry i didn't take any pictures as i didn't think it was respectful to do so). We heard that the guy was conscious when they took him in the ambulance, so hopefully he will be alright.
Once again i got woke up. Ughhhhhh So i decided to get dressed and go to Save - A-Lot and the Grocery Outlet store i am grouchy today! It's surely couldn't be because I kept getting woke up and i'm not getting my needed sleep!!!!!

Of course i hate grocery shopping. Stopped at Dollar General first and I spent $3.85 there .....then to Save - A-Lot where i spent $89.58!! Then to Grocery Outlet where i spent $47.16!! Ughhhh ... I hate grocery shopping too and I'm sure everyone complaines about how much they spend?

Gabe is a bottomless pit! WOW .. I spent $ 186.13 on groceries this week. Got home and put the groceries away.

Around 4 P.M. the boys came back and said the waves are awesome to see, that there was a double red flag out, so I headed to the beach to look. Of course i forgot my camera (sorry) The ocean was awesome!! It was nothing but wave after wave. I stood amazed for several minutes just looking and listening to the sound. There wasn't many at the beach, but there were a couple guys out surfing. I sure wouldn't want to of been in the water.


I found this poem and thought it was very fitting for today. It's amazing when a child enters into your life. From the first time you hold them, to their first heart break, through their marriage and then you find it's all worth it when you hold that first grandchild that they give you. My children were so precious to me, but it's not the same feeling when you hold that first grandchild, or the second. Sure makes me miss them so much today!

Grandma loves and you misses you both Hailey & Toby.




Here is some flowers for all the mother's out there.

No comments: