States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!


Always remember

We bow our heads in silent grace; Proud to stand upon this place. To honor those who we love and lost; Whose lives were taken at such a cost. Through the pain and sorrow, for all the brave and true; To always be remembered by me and by you. To heal the minds and hearts, of those who still live; Always remembering what they had to give. Live your lives with pride in hearing what I say; May God bless and keep you on this and every day.

I haven't been posting on a daily basis lately. I guess it's because nothing really going on ... I have been lazy about trying to post to it daily. I think it's because I'm basically in a station living mode and not moving right now.


It's been warm and humid here, yet in the shade it isn't bad. I have gotten into a daily routine here. I get up, get the dishes done, pick up, maybe run the vaccum. Then i take the dogs on a walk and sit outside and enjoy the nice breeze that comes in from the Ocean. Then fix lunch and either sit outside or enjoy the pool. Then it's time to fix dinner and i spend the rest of my evening outside. I've been trying to take several small walks a day.

I'm really behind these days on my email. I think about how i used to live on the computer. When I lived in Illinois in a stick home i spent most of my time inside the house and on the computer. During the winter, my pain was so bad that i did well to function and get out of bed. During the summer i spent my time laying around trying to recover from the lack of sleep and depression of living through another winter. I was so depressed and hated life so much. My dreams of being a full-timer is what kept me going.

It's amazing how one set of neighbors move out and another moves in. One of my new friends Karen and her family packed up and left on Wednesday, May 14th. They are going back to Tallahasse Florida. Her husband's work ended and so they have to go back home so he can work. Gabe hates to see them go as well. Her son, Sean and him have become buds and spent their time together when their not working. The next day Coach and Dot moved in beside us and they are from Arkansas. Coach is a retired Biology teach and high school football coach. They have 2 dogs, Tutty is friendly and Chance is protective. They also have a cat but i forget it's name. They are here for the summer and have been coming to this campground for over 20 years!

Theirs been about 6 campers pull in by saturday. I wasn't sure how many were just staying and for the Memorial Day weekend. 2 campers pulled out today. It seems the rest are staying a bit longer. I know that 2 of them are staying at least a month and one of them a year! When i take my walks, i usually find someone to visit with a bit. One thing with the full-time lifestyle, i get to enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.

I was a bit depressed this memorial day weekend. I was missing my grand children. I have a 7 week old grandson that i've only seen once and a 4 year old grand daughter. I guess getting the grandma blues is something i need help dealing with.

I was going to go to the beach but when I got there, there was no place to park and it was crazy. People everywhere. Decided it was silly to go to the beach on a holiday weekend when I can go anytime I want.

I seen on the news that 45 people had to be pulled from the water this weekend. Several drowned and 1 man is still missing.

Hope your all having a safe weekend ..... Until next time .....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

penny give me a call i get grandma withdrawel all the time but i have some ideas for you love ya cheryl