States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A day at the Beach!

Sorry i haven't posted in a few weeks. I was down in my back big time! I spent 2 weeks in bed! I'm feeling much better now.

Gabe and I went to the beach today! Of course we had to park in a different spot then we normally do. Gabe pushed me in one of the beach wheel chairs. I sat with my feet in the water and watched everyone else. It felt great to be out in the sun again!


I took some pictures of Gabe. He was snorkling without a snorkle.




He loves going under water and seeing all the marine life.



Yes, he did have to come up for air once in awhile and i snapped this picture as he did.


There were lots of people in the water. Since it's a holiday week the place is packed! Lots of jet skies.


There were lots of people on the beach too.

Not sure if you can see it in the picture but the sea weed is all along the beach! I had to sit out in the water a ways to get out of it. It really makes the beach look nasty and dirty. But once you get past it the water is beautiful again.
There was a purple & green flag out today. The green means calm waters, the purple means you really shouldn't get into the water as marine pest are around. The jelly fish were very thick in the water today. Tons of tiny babies. There were about the size of a nickle and hard to photo graph. Sorry, maybe next time.

Jelly fish were not the only marine life present. Here is a sword like fish. I am assuming that is what they call them.

The crab were also out and about today. I'm not sure what they call the brown crab.
The white crab is a sand crab i believe. Any Floridians out there who can tell me what they are. I'm only repeating what a boy told me who was admiring Gabe's net catches.

No comments: