States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, October 4, 2008

The bailout passes!

Well it looks like taxpayers are in fact bailing out Wall Street! The house passed and the President signed. Of course we knew it would pass regardless of what the American people
wanted and demanded of those representing us.

I am just very thankful to both my Congressman. I applaud them for having a back bone and voting what their voters asked them to do. Congressman Shimkus & Costello of Illinois both voted no. They didn't cave in vote in favor of bailout, as they knew it wasn't going to help Main Street, no amount of sweeteners, which is more like pork! Unlike both Senator Obama and Durbin did. Needless to say, i don't know about the rest of America but i can say this, when it comes time for me to vote i will not forget exactly how they voted. How they slapped the American people in the face as to how they expressed how the majority wanted.

I called both of my Senators yesterday and asked them just exactly what the pork meant in this bailout and this all that their office could tell me. Senator Obama's office was not exactly sure what the package all entitled. YES, the senator who got on national TV, demanded the Congress & Senate step up to the plate and vote their duty and not the popular vote. His own workers have no clue what kind of pork is involved. Other then it would help Wall Street and loosen up the credit situation to where the banks could loan money. I then asked them what about the homeless people who have already lost their homes and are living on the streets? How will this bailout help them. The reply i got, they didn't believe it would. That those people in this situation needed to contact their state representatives as that really wasn't something the federal dealt with. Hmmmm ... the senate doesn't hesitate to bail out wall street, and as far as the homeless goes, they just don't care .... This man wants you to vote and support him to be the next President of America. I don't know about you, but what a laugh! I was actually undecided until this past week, yet i was leaning more toward Senator Obama as he claimed he wanted change, yet his actions this past week have no changed my mind completely. If i have to vote for McCain or Obama, it won't be Obama! Senator Obama, you just lost at least one vote and i can say this. As a Illinois voter, you will never get my vote again as Senator for my state! Does America actually want this man as their President? I guess we will find out on Nov 4, when you all go to the poles to cast that vote.

Mr. Durbin office said they would have someone call me back and a nice lady did call me back. The lady called me back and she told me how the credit market had almost frozen, that this bailout would mean, Americana's could loans for housing, cars. That had this bill not passed, it would mean disaster for the American people. I asked how this bill was going to those people who have already lost their homes? How was this bailout going to get those people off the streets from living in their vehicles. I asked her if the government was going to buy out all loans that had been foreclosed on & was in the process of being foreclosed on. She stated no that wasn't what the bill was for. It does not help small banks, it's only for the large banking industry, i asked her again about the homeless living on the streets. She replied it wasn't the governments place, that there are homeless shelters out there, that family needs to take these people into their homes. I asked what about the stress that most Americans are already dealing with and why are they expected to take another burden of their homeless relatives. She replied well i know if it was my family, i would put them on the floor. That homeless people have choices, they can ask family for help, it isn't the government's responsibility. I then ask why did the senator vote for this bill then if he claims he wants change and he is tired of bailing out wall street and those who have created this mess. She then told me of all the students that have called her because they can't student loans, the business that can't get a loan to make their payroll checks. She kept telling me how car dealers were going under, that America's would not be able to buy all these things if the senator hadn't voted for this bill. I then replied back, so basically what your telling me is ... Senator Obama is a liar and when he claims he is ready for change and he wants to lead our country into change, he is lying? That in fact Senator Durbin & Obama's both first priority is the big industry and they are in fact only interested in helping Wall Street, because it's clear from what you've told me, they don't care about main street. All these things you've mentioned are to protect Wall Street and in fact not main street. She told me no that is not how Senator Obama or Durbin feel, but this bill had to be passed. I told her that i sure am not buying their bull and that Senator Durbin can count on me voting no when he is up for re-election.

I urge you all to put your own Senators & Congress who voted for this bailout on the hot seat, and don't forget how they have voted this week when it comes time for their re-election. Because it's clear how they have demonstrated this week, they don't care what you have to say or how you've voiced your opinion. Those of you who are for the bailout, need to vote and support those who voted yes. But just remeber when the economy continues to crumble and this bail out only makes it worse and your paying more and more, don't be crying in your beer, cause you supported it.

Have a good day

No comments: