States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's nippy here

Wow, it's been nippy here the past few mornings. When i woke up it was 34 degrees! It made me so glad to be back inside of Ms. Southwind. I turned on the heater and in no time it was nice and comfy in here. The past few mornings i have been lazying around in my flannel jammies. Yes, i love to lounge around in my jammies, i am most comfortable in my pj's. Ms. Southwind is an older model, has no slides. I have received some looks by others who see what i live in and they look their nose down at me. But to me she is the most wonderful RV in the world. I am very happy living inside of her. She gives me all the comforts i need. I have running water, a bathroom/shower, a refrigerator, stove/oven and a wonderful comfy bed that i can stretch out and get my needed sleep. I have electricity and the most wonderful thing is when i tire of the area I'm in i can pack her up and start her wonderful engine and her wheels are rolling me to a new area for new adventures. Living inside of Ms. Southwind i have all the comforts that those who drive newer and much more expensive RVs have. It does make me sad that there are people in the world who do not have the same comforts that i have living inside of Ms. Southwind.

Monday since it's been cooler here i made a pot of potato soup. It was so delicious! I love soups esp when the temps are cool. Tuesday i spent the day cleaning up Ms. Southwind and then i had to go get my laundry done. Ughhh i hate doing laundry, but it's a must. I cooked a nice dinner last night. Since the temps have been cooler here i baked pork chops for dinner, mashed tators, stuffing and was it ever good. mmmm

Today i have a pork roast in the crock pot cooking for dinner. Tonight will be roast and then the left overs will be made into veggie soup and stored into containers for heating up later. I ended up running around most of the day. My neighbor came over and invited me to go to Goodwill with her and of course i couldn't refuse. Well after spending several hours shopping in Goodwill, i purchased an electric skillet & blender for $3.00 each! We decided to go eat Chinese for lunch. We had such a good time that we ate a bit and then chatted, then ate again. We ended being there 2 1/2 hours! No wonder they kept looking at us so strangely .. LOL After lunch we decided to head to Wal-mart and yes we spent several hours just looking around. Although i did find a good deal on a pressure cooking I've been wanting to buy some time. They had them on clearance for $9.00, plus i had to purchase potatoes for my roast. It was a great day and we had a wonderful time and it's amazing how time flies when your having too much fun.

7 comments:

La, Storyteller/Storysinger said...

OMGoodness!!
Reading your blog made me hungry!
As soon as it gets cool, I too love to start making soups and chili.
And I absolutely adore my crockpot!!
I am sure that Ms. Southwind is fabulous and the Heck with what others think!!
I am feeling truly envious of your ability to wander.
Great blog!
Love, Laughter, Peace and Blessing from La!

Pennie said...

Thank You, Oh I love my crock pot too! I'd be lost without it. I learned along time ago not to care what others think, it only matters how I feel.

It's amazing how circumstances in my life brought about this new lifestyle. In 2003 I thought my life was over and tried to end it, again in 2006 I had fallen back into that despair and behold I found myself living this lifestyle and it is great to feel like living again. I may not be able to live the lifestyle I always thought I would, instead I have found a better lifestyle I never dreamed I could ever find again.

Thanks for reading my blog, i'm glad someone can enjoy my thoughts and lifestyle.

Hank's Mom. said...

Hi Ms Southwind. I recently started reading your blog. I found it through wanderwolf (Michael's) blog. I wanted to let you know I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Pennie said...

Thank you and welcome to my home Caprinechimera. I'm so glad your enjoying following along my adventures in life.

Anonymous said...

I am also having potato soup today. We lived fulltime (although semi-stationary) in a 1986 30' Itasca motorhome for several years before buying a new bumper pull camper.

The Itasca in parked in our driveway and I am having a hard time parting with it.

Anonymous said...

Our "coach" also does not have slides. I call it a coach because, like you said ,it has everything a new fancy one has. I have had people argue that point with me just because we don't have a slide. Some people think we are fancy enough to be around. Guess what? I do not want to be around people like that anyway. Enjoy your blog. Stay well, be happy and just keep smiling.Paula

Pennie said...

I would like to thank my readers for such nice comments. I appreciate them. It's amazing how people will judge you from what you own or live in. What is really amazing is when you are walking around the park and start talking to the same people who refused to park next to you because you own an older unit, then you walk over their way and start up chat conversations with them, they begin to like you and even stop you while your walking by. Then when they learn you are in fact the same person they didn't want to park by their reaction is some what surprising to them. I just smile and laugh to myself. I am who i am and no material object will change that. Thanks again and have a great day!