States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The ahhhh of Panama City Beach!

Slept in this morning, finally got around and got dressed. Going to the beach today!


Drove and it seemed like forever, but finally made it to the beach. Panama City Beach, beaches are like something you see in a magazine. They are a ahhhh of their own. I've never in my life seen such beauty!! I had been told that I hadn't seen a beach until i seen the beach in the Panhandle. I have to agree!

Here is a picture of 2 guys out trying to surf. Unforunatlly they didn't have big enough waves and finally gave up. As you can see the yellow flag was waving in the wind. Here is picture that tells you what the different color flags mean.


There were several planes flying over and this one had a sign advertising the Dog Races. I couldn't get the sign picture.

Did get to see our first fish that came out of the Gulf of Mexico! It was what they call a whitie. Their were not very big, but from what i'm told, they are good eating. A guy named Kermit (yes like Kermit the frog) was fishing and was reeling in a catch when one of his other poles had a fish too. So 2 tourist walking by, helped him out. Jay & Jamie, they were so proud to say they reeled in their first fish ever out of the Gulf of Mexico, as i was to get to take their picture. Another man was fishing with Kermit and caught a whitie too, his name is George. Both men have winter homes here and having been coming south with the birds during the winter. They fish everyday except on Sundays. We enjoyed talking to them and getting to know them. The boys were orginally from Ohio and just moved to Florida.
I also got to see my first jelly fish! They were out and about swimming. We also seen what they called sheephead fish, but they wouldn't stay up for me to get a picture.


I stuck my feet in the water, but it is cool.


It was a beautiful day to spend on the beach. These pictures are just amazing. I am stilled amazed at the beauty of the Emerald Green Sea.
These pictures were taken from the pier and isn't it just an amazing view? Look how the Emerald green changes to a deep sea blue.


This part of the pier was closed, apparently a storm did damage to the pier and this part hasn't been fixed and might not even be from what the sign says.

Lots of people were out and about. Most attractions are closed this time of the year. They don't open until their big tourist attraction months begin. The end of Feb, to the first of March. It was such a wonderful day and i can't wait to return to the beach again! I just love the beach!!!


Fell in love with Mississippi, but their beach has nothing over Florida. I could of stayed there forever. In fact I have to admit I didn't want to leave, but am planning to return. In fact I went and checked out St. Andrews State Park and am planning to spend a week there later in the month or around the first of February.


Came home and i finished cooking dinner. I had put a turkey in the roaster and it smelt so yummie!

I amwore out from the walks along the beach. Showered and spent the evening watching the tube & resting.

Have a good one everyone!

No comments: