States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, January 6, 2008

On the Ranch

I woke up around 4 am!! I couldn't go back to sleep! I went to bed to early last night! I finally laid back down around 6 am and then i didn't want to get up for church this morning. I got up around 7.40 am and got my roast in the crock pot and then i had to iron dress clothes. Got dressed and attended church. It was wonderful to see how the boys worship.

I'm on a Ranch, there are horses, cows, pigs & chickens here. Sometimes they say they even get a few gators in their pond. Hmmmm I haven't seen one yet, apparently it's too cool for them to be here now. The cadets are boys from the age of 11-17. It's a boot camp like environment, where they are taught a different life style and the word of God. To think that these boys were addicted to drugs and acohol or even involved in violent gangs, rapist or whatever has brought them here. They are here to learn to be better people and to change their lives. Enjoyed the worship service.


After service came back and changed clothes, then took the dogs for a walk. Came in and started watching a football game, and did some straighening up. The camper was a messed. I had things tossed here and there as I've been on the road and since i ususually use the driver seat and front passenger area as storage, it's been stored every where else.

Sat outside and visited with Burl & Karen, they are RVolunteers too. We had a very nice visit. It's been a beautiful day outside. Finished visiting and took the dogs on a walk before it got dark, then had dinner. My roast turned out great, it was delicious!

Heard that more RVolunteers are expected to arrive tomorrow. There are about 25 rigs here right now. I will try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow for you all. I've been bad about not taking pictures since arriving here.

No comments: