States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Florida

Well survived the night ... Woke up early, around 5.30 am and got dressed, went inside to Wal-mart, forgot a few things. Spent $11.00 more, go back to the motor home and i decided to lay back down.

Around 7.30 am roll out and are on the road. Crossed the Pensacola Bay and it was amazing how all you see is water. Isn't this a beautiful picture. The bridge crossing it, is several miles long. I never dreamed the Pensacola Bay was this wide.


Had planned to visit the Navel Museum, but some how missed it. Also missed the Indian Tomb Musuem but for some reason Florida is horrible for signs! By the time you are right on the sign, or done past it and with a 30' Rv and a full size sedan car, there is no where to turn around. I'm so frustrated with Florida by this time all i want is to get to where I'm going. From what i have seen of West Florida i am not impressed at all! I don't care much for Colorado because of their lack of signs and their stupid designing of their roads and right now .. Colorado and Florida rank up there with California in states i don't care for. ( I hope my attitude will change once i get to know Florida)


I sure hope that were going is better and will change my mind. I had wanted to go down 98 thinking i would see the ocean like we did on 90 in Mississippi, boy was i ever wrong! I hated going down 98, it was horrible. No shoulder on the road and trafic is terrible. I don't know what they expect people to do if they have engine trouble. There is no place to get off the road, people drive like idots! Not only did fight the road, traffic but the wind is blowing like crazy.

Finally get off of US 98 and I thought all was well again, wrong .... on 331 had to cross this huge bridge that was way up in the air! The wind was blowing horribly and heard noises that had me concerned big time. It sounded like the motor home was litterly being torn apart! I prayed the entire time we went across it. Usually i'm taking pictures and in ahh .. sorry but no pictures, i was too busy praying for safety. A motor home that was in front was having problems as well. Look in the mirror and see the motor home behind having even more problems. In fact, even loose sight of him he got so far back behind.


It's been a horrible day! It was a mistake not to take the interstate but i was convinced I'd see more on the hwy. Man, did i ever have to pay for that one! Finally get back onto I-10 and pull into a rest area and i take my blood pressure pill, because of the wind, roads it's sky high! At least the dogs don't seem to be minding the drive, their perched in their favorite traveling place.

Once back onto I-10 things go much smoother, even find a gas station that can get into. I read somewhere that Pensacola and the Gulf area of Florida is the forgotten area. I can see why!! I called my son to let him know that am almost where going and that will now be away from all communications. I will try to go every few days and check my voice messages. Yep, that is right, no cell phone or phone service where am going. Hmmmm

Finally arrive and in one piece. Am setup on the spot. I take the dogs to go potty and let them explore their new surroundings. They are excited and of course have to mark the new territory. I know it's kinda of like a man thing, but hey their happy.

It's cold and windy today, but i will try to take some pictures tomorrow for you all. I didn't take many today as i was so disguisted and disappointed in what i saw in Florida so far.
Traveled 206 miles today, total miles traveled in this trip was 1010 miles!! Fuel cost for the motor home was $507.00
Here is the expenses for this trip ....
Fuel for RV = $507.00
Fuel for Generator = $ 33.00 ( filled generator and 2 5 gal cans back up before arriving, so they are all full now) if hadn't did that cost would of been $13.00 .. gas in Florida is the highest paid so far $3.10 per gal = $20.00 fill up)
Fuel for Tow car = $47.00 ( filled tow car up in Mississippi before leaving, so it's on a full tank as well .. put about 350 miles on our tow car site seeing)
Eating out = $6.68
Groc & misc items = $65
RV repairs = $103.00
campground fees = $66.50
__________________________
total cost comes to $ 829.00
I thought I did good ... I had budgeted $1500.00 for the trip here
Until later .....

No comments: