States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, January 21, 2008

Rainy & Cold

Monday, 1/21/2008
It's still cold here and got to a low of 21 degrees last night! I haven't been working in the school, since the rain and cool weather has moved in. I'm down in the back and getting through church and grocery shopping yesterday did me in. I spent the day inside in my pj's. I'm getting lazy.

Tonight i went over to the dining hall for dinner and on the way back, Babe the farm dog greeted and followed me back to Ms.Southwind. I gave her a left over hot dog and watched her. Instead of eating it, she walked off with it. She would stop and look to make sure no one was watching her and then she'd go farther. She found her spot and buried it and then returned wanting another. I got her another one and this time she buried it in the flower bed. Uh oh ... she took out a few flowers as she was doing this. Even though she did, it was funny to watch her. After burying it she toured around the campsite and then returned, waiting for another one, but I didn't give her anymore. My babies were not happy with me giving away their hot dogs. They look forward to that daily treat.

I will be offline the rest of the week starting tomorrow. I am heading to the Gulf to spend the rest of the week. My grand daughter and kids are coming to visit! Grandma can't wait to see her Princess Hailey!

I will take lots of pic's for you all. Until then have a good one ...

Sunday, 1/20/2008 - Grocery Day
I got up and got dressed and went to church this morning at the ranch. I was glad i showered last night as the water is slightly frozen. I turned on the faucet and in no time the water broke through the frozen started bursting out as it should.
Got back home from church and ran to get grocery. I found a Save A-lot and had been wanting to get there. Afterwards went to Wal-mart and then hurried home to watch the Football games. Disappointed that Green Bay lost, but they played horrible and deserved to lose. Oh Well ...

I decided to i baked a couple of pecan pies. Been picking up pecans and cracking them from the trees here. There everywhere and no one uses them. Such a shame, their really good.

The pies turned out great and were very yummy! Not really much happening here, everyone is tucked away in inside where it's warm. Very cold here and looks to be another freezing night.

Saturday, 1/19/2008 - Cold & Rainy
It's a miserable day today! It started raining yesterday evening and continued through out the night and all morning long! It's cool, so far the high has been 37 degrees! This is suppose to be Florida. Although i checked the temps back home and the high was 12, but felt like 3! So i guess i will not complain to much.

I spent most of the day just lazying around. WOW this is my 4th day of not getting dressed and being lazy. Yes, i'm down in my back again. I did get a burst of energy and have some zuccinni bread in the oven .. mmmmm smells so good. I had some frozen shredded Zucinni left over from this summer.

Friday, 1/18/2008 - Still not feeling well
I'm still not feeling well. I'm back in bed and the rain has stopped. My back is still really swollen, very tender and has that tingling, needle pricking feeling. I walked over the laundry house this afternoon to get the laundry going. Bad idea, by the time i got back, i had the knife shooting pain that is excurerating. I went back to bed. I spent most the afternoon in bed and evening.

I got up this morning and thought i was doing better again and i coughed and almost passed out. Clearly there is something wrong with me. I wentback to bed as my head was spinning.
Luckily i live in such a enclosed space and can hang on to things as i struggle to get from the back to the front.

An hour later i felt better and got up, as long as i don't stand, or strain i'm okay but if i do i get very dizzy. I think its a sinus infection, as my allergies seem to be acting up today. So it's another day of being lazy for me. So i just played lazy again today and finally got dressed around 4 pm, took the dogs on a walk and it was a beautiful afternoon. The walk was more then enough for me, it got my back to aching so i came inside, put my pj's on and went back to bed.


Several RVolunteers pulled out today, i was able to snap a shot of Harvey, Julie and Justy as they were getting ready to pull out.




Wednesday, 1/16/2008 - rainy day
I got up this morning and it's a rainy day here. I am not feeling well, my back is hurting from the cool damp weather. I went back to bed. It's been a lazy morning for me. I didn't even go to school this morning. I've spent most of the day in bed.

It has rained most of the day and evening. Were parked in a lake, there is water in front of the steps. The entire campground is a swamp!

No comments: