States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas on the road!

Saucier, MS

I woke up around 6 am, got things straightened around .. uh oh .. the lights flickered and the generator quite. Out of gas! throw on some clothes and puts some more fuel in the generator. have found running a elec 1500 watt heater, the frig & a 29" tv and lights and charging the computer & cell phone, the generator runs 12 hours on 2 1/2 gallons of fuel. I don't think that is too bad. Plus it charges our batteries up. I go back to bed. My sleep schedule is really off! I am into my winter sleep schedule where i do well to sleep 2 hours at a time because of my back pain.


I got back up around 7.30 am and get everything ready to go outside. The generator tarped back down and shut off the propane and head to fill up with fuel. Decided to try a different gas station then pilot. To see if it will help the problem out. arrived a at Exon fuel station across the over pass from the Pilot, fill up, but oh uh guess what ... didn't notice grabbed the wrong handle and filled up with 89 instead of 87 .. ughhhhhhhh motor home does not run well on 89. Oh well, too late now, will just have to fight her sluggish till get rid of that fuel. $3.15 = $117.00! Yes, regular gas was only $2.99 a gallon. ughhhhhh ... Oh well!!



Around 8.30 am and back on the road again. So far so good with Ms. Southwind. About 1 hour on the road and Ms Southwind starts with her sluggish and so it looks like are going to being fighting this all day long. It's getting frustrating so after 2 1/2 hours on the road, pull into Jackson, MS and refuel up and see if can dilote that other gas. find a Petro and pull in and fill up with the 87 this time. Gas is cheaper here too!! $2.76 = 51.00 in fuel, the last 2 fill ups are averaging almost 8 miles to a gal!!! Wow, when your not fighting the wind it makes a huge differeence. Remember am towing a full size car! Ms. Southwind is running a bit better, but still has a bit of sluggish to her. Decide going to run as much fuel as can out of her and just fight the sluggish until put almost a full tank of gas in her and start from scratch and if that doesn't work, will have to have the tank removed and cleaned. Guess time will only tell.



I called the kids and talked to my grand daughter, she was so excited! Santa had brought her everything she wanted! I also called my brother as i had seen where i missed his call sometime and called my sister Patty hoping to catch my dad there, but he had already left.


arrive at the directions the lady had given me for the national forest, but it was their visitor center address and of course it's Christmas day and their closed. I find a map in the information center and can see it's not very far off the interstate on the Atlas so decided to see if could find it on own.



arrive around 3.30 pm and get the car unhooked and then empty the tanks. Get setup and then go pay at the pay box. Am parked at a National Forest and it's a beautiful park!

Take the dogs on a walk and i get started on Christmas dinner. I put banquet chicken in the oven and make scallop potatoes & green beans. It was a nice Christmas meal. After dinner I take the dogs on a very long walk. I will take pictures tomorrow for you all. It was amazing i have needed long sleeves all the way on the trip but when arrived here, had to put on short sleeves! It's beautiful and warm here!!! Even walked in the woods and picked me some cute little flowers. I've never picked wild flowers on Christmas Day! In Illinois there are no flowers this time of year!!


Get the tv set up and find several channels and watch some tube and then i'm tired and not feeling well. I've got flu and so i'm heading to bed.


Until later ............. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!



traveled 238 miles today!

No comments: