States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Stormy Night

I slept in this morning! I didn't get up until after 8 am! I went to bed around 8.30 pm too. All that walking wore me out! I think i finally caught up on my sleep i hadn't been getting.

It rained and thundered all night long. It's 10 am and had several rain storms this morning. Between Ms. Southwind and the neighbors we have a lake forming.
Took the dogs outside again and they just barely made it back inside before the down pour started. It's a chilly morning here today. It sure does rain alot in Mississippi. We've had rain almost everyday been. The news says it is suppose to clear up late this afternoon.

Sometime gotta go back to the laundry mat, i forgot the main reason i wanted to do laundry was to wash a load of my good clothes that i had tucked away in the storage bin outside. I don't think there will be any site seeing today as it is looking to be a good day to curl up on the couch and read a book, or better yet, i need to start the baby quilt i want to make before my grandson makes his arrival in the spring.

After lunch the sun came out and turned into a beautiful day! Visited with Ken before he headed out today and then visited with John (chloe's dad) then visited with our new neighbors some as well. One couple is from Ohio and the other from Wisconsin. Their both on their way to Texas. John from New Hampshire is on his way to Texas as well.

These pictures are of the area near the bridge they had to replace between Biloxi & Ocean Springs. It hasn't been open very long and their still doing construction. It's quite a bridge and will be 8 lanes when it's finished.

Later on this afternoon ended up back down at the beach and meet some more people from the area. Walked around a couple stores and did some looking around and checking out prices of stuff. Bought a pkg of hamburger for $1.59 per lb! It was good too, I made hamburgers for dinner tonight.
I spent the evening going through over a thousand emails. Now i'm gonna dig out my quilting stuff and get started on that baby quilt.

Hoping to go site seeing again tomorrow and then will probably head out on Tuesday.

Until later ....

No comments: