States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday!


Church services were amazing today. 4 of the boys graduated and are done with the program and get to go home with their family. This experience has been rewarding yet heart breaking. To know that there are children out there who don't have the parents they need. It's heartbreaking to see these boys who are wards of the state and in need of family's. How can a mother not want or love her children enough to forsake all for them? Several of us Rvolunteers went forward and we were mom's during the service to these boys. Makes me want to wrap these kids in my arms and take them. Yet, that isn't possible. I think what get's me so much is in my younger days that could of been me as a teenager in a place where these kids are. But with the grace of God and him leading me down a different path, my life changed for the better. I shed tears of joy and tears of sorrow today. My heart flows with joy as i see the cadets that get a chance to reconnect with their families and have a chance to start fresh. Yet it bleeds for those not so forunate.



Here is a picture of the boys & all the red vest are RVolunteers!


.... After church services the RVolunteers sat around in our lawn chairs and enjoyed the beautiful day! We laughed and enjoyed the fellowship with everyone. Around 5 pm we all went indoors to watch the Super Bowl!




Here is a picture of the dogs i snapped, they were begging at the door to come outside too.

Barbara and Ed can't get very good reception on their TV so I invited them over to watch the Super Bowl game. We had a good time watching the game with them. I was cheering for the Giants and they were cheering for the Patriots as their from New Hampshire.


Way to go Giants. After the game they went home and i put my jammies on and am gonna head to bed!



Night everyone .....................

No comments: