States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

Happy Leap Day! Every 4 years we get an extra day.

I spent the afternoon sitting outside and enjoying the sunshine. It's a beautiful day. Later when Barbara got back she came over and visited with me. Here is a picture of Duke enjoying the shade.


Here is a picture of Barbara and the dogs greeting her. The dogs really like Barbara.


We had some excitement at the ranch. A baby calf was born and we got to watch him. I got pictures of him before he stood and taking his first steps. It was so awesome to watch. In the pic's he is only 10 mins old! Sure made me miss home though. I enjoyed raising livestock and taking care of them. Those were some wonderful days when i was physically able to work on the farm. Unforuntally those days are gone and now i just admire from afar when i see such miracles happen.


















Several new volunteers arrived today. It's amazing how some go and others come in. I love meeting and making new friends. What a blessing it's been for us to be here.





Around 6.30 pm, I went over and played Mexican train with Barbara and Ed. Of course poor Barbara and I couldn't win a game. We still had fun though.

No comments: