States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!


Today is the day for lovers! But weather you have any one in your life or not, you can still enjoy the day. I hope you all have a wonderful day and Happy Valentines Day.

I got up this morning and started getting dressed. i have to run some errands. As i was getting dressed the power went out! I immediately started cheching the convertor box to make sure it wasn't on the camper end. I also went out and checked the outlet box. I go back inside and think well at least i do have battery back up! But .... Oh NO ... I went to finish getting dressed and no power! The only thing that would work is the hood over my stove and the light. Nothing else! I found out that the electric company is replacing a pole and they said it sould be out for about 3 hours. Usually that isn't a problem as I have battery back up ... wrong !!! At least i can say, don't have snow this V Day! Although when i talked to the kids, they said they got 2" of snow. Hmmm ...... I finally get dressed and head out the door.

I didn't accomplish everything i wanted to while i was out, but I mailed my grand daughter's Valentine Present today, YES I'm a bit late, but you all know me, i'm never on time, nor do things the way most of you would. Hey what can i say, God made me special!

When i got back home still NO power, so it was time to look at the convertor again and finally discover that the fuse in it is bad, have a 20 but no 40 but hey it will work until can get one. Around noon the power comes back on. All is well inside of Ms. Southwind again.


I spent our evening going and watching the boys play basket ball!




The JV Team played first, their in the blue!




Hey look, i caputred the jump ball and yes, TC got it first! Way to go TC!!




I guess your all wondering who won the first game ???


Yes, they won! 68-31 We were the home team for this game. They played a Baptist put together team.

The boys played a great game and guess what, there was a girl on the baptist team and didn't do a bad job!



As you can see in these pictures the TC boys had a large size fan club. I think most of the RVer's were here to support the boys.






I know what your all wondering now ......


Yes, I was my normal self and got into the game and as usual, i never shut my mouth the entire game. I guess even in my older age, i'm still the big mouth i've always been. But, hey isn't that one of the things you all love about me? Hehe Guess what Tyson & Gabe, your not the only one mom cheers for and embarrass ... See your not alone .... LOL



During half time we had some wonderful entertainment! Larry one of the RVolunteers played the piano and even though the piano needed some tuning he did a wonderful job! Thanks Larry












Larry's wife Jo was so proud of her husband that she had a bag and went around begging for donations. Unforuntally we are all Volunteers and so every penny we get goes toward fuel to go to the next stop. Sorry Jo, but nice try on trying to get fuel money .. LOL


Here is pictures of the Varsity team. They are in the maroon & yellow outfits. This is Paul, he has a son in the TC program and has come to TC to volunteer his time.
















Mike is in the picture to your right, he has a son in TC program also and is here volunteering his time .

Paul & Mike are both special guys and it was a blessing to get to know them.


Okay your wondering if the varsity won also ??



Here the guys are showing good sportsmanship. Way to go TC!!





Yes they did!!! 62-48! We were guest during the varsity game.




After the game, stopped by Hardee's and went through the drive thru, I was still hungry. Got a cheese burger and went home. After got home,i went to bed. It was all lights out!

No comments: