States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, February 7, 2008

We had an escapee on the run!

I was up and down most the night. I'm getting a bladder infection and that is not good. I got dressed and asked Barbara if she wanted to ride to town with me to get some cranberry juice. Yes, I know it's nasty but works great for helping to clear up the bladder and kidney.

After we got back Barbara came over to tell me we had an escapee. One of the calves got out of the fence and he was searching to get back to his mama. The other cows were all in a huge group and hollowing for him.


As you can see in these pictures he could hear his mama but he wasn't sure he wanted to run through there to get to her.



These 2 pictures here show the mama cow at the fence and was she ever making some noise.


















These pictures show the calf back inside and mama and the other cows are so happy to see the calf safely back inside. All is well and the cows all quiet down




Here are the ranch hands, looking to make sure the calf and mama are reunited.



Since we got home before lunch, i made lunch then i spent the afternoon playing on the computer making a couple of valentines for my grand daughter.

I'm feeling a bit better this evening but still drinking cranberry juice. The evening was spent watching TV, thursday night is one of the best nights to watch TV. I baked a choc cake today and enjoyed a slice of it.






No comments: