States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A dreary day & helping with curtains

I got up and got what few dishes i had washed, then i made a few phone calls i needed to make and then it was time to get dressed and start my day.

The ladies are helping re-do curtains and i have been asked to help. I agreed to do what little i could. We meet at 10 am and i was elected the easy job of sitting and pinning the curtains to be hemmed. At first i was worried i wouldn’t last long as it was a bit chilly and when i get cold my back pain is much worse and i become very stiff. Luckily we turned up the heat and shut the door and then it was lunch time. After lunch it was much warmer and things went much better for me. We only put in what ever time we can and are not expected to do a certain amount of volunteer work which works out great for me. If i had to put in a certain amount of time i couldn’t do it with my disability as i never know from day to day or even hour to hour how my day is going to go.

I ended my day earlier then most of the women, even though they are older then me, they are much more healthier, i envy them.

I came back home and took the dogs out, it’s been a dreary day all day with drizzle of rain most of the day and very chilly. I think the high has been 46 degrees! To cold for me!

My evening is going to spent inside Ms. Southwind were it’s nice and toasty warm. Ms. Southwind is old. but she is home and i love her very much.

I sure hope you all much warmer then we are here. I’m counting the days until we can head to warmer weather ….

No comments: