States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Ruff Day of Babysitting!

BI got up around 5.30 am and got dressed, got the last of Hailey’s stuff packed in the car and my stuff for the day. Got Hailey up and out the door by 6 am.

I arrived at my son’s house for a ruff day in the neighborhood! I’m watching a 17 month and a 5 yr old today. I can handle the 5 yr old but the little Toby man is quite the handful esp, when it’s nap time. He fights sleep for hours and barely sleeps 1/2 hr when he does finally go to sleep.

Earlier today i took him for a car ride to put him to sleep but the only problem is when you stop and get him out he is awake again and unfortunately it’s on the chilly side and so leaving him asleep in the car is not an option.

My youngest son Gabe came over this afternoon for backup but still no luck, no sleepy Toby man.

Hailey is always so good and the poor kid has to put up with so much with having a cranky little brother. She has had her world turned upside down with going from the center of attention as a only child. She is such a good sport about it and I enjoy the time i get to spend with her. I’m so thrilled we had the entire weekend with just her.

I’m also so thrilled that I only keep Toby man once in a blue moon! How i remember what it’s like to have a kid fight sleep. I do believe Toby is far worse then Gabe ever was! Now that i see Toby, Gabe wasn’t bad getting to sleep after all. Only a few minutes of his fits and then to sleep he went, Toby can carry on one for over an hour!

Tobman’s nap lasted about an half hour and then he was back awake and very cranky. Around 4.30 pm his aunt Jenny & Holly showed up and i asked if they were second shift and they said yes. Was i ever glad. Grandma said goodbye and got kisses and out the door i went running! I was exhausted and so glad to be on my way back home.

I enjoy and love my grand kids with all of my heart, but Toby is not quite old enough for grandma to handle on her own.

It was a early night to bed for me after a weekend of Hailey and all day Monday babysitting, grandma needed some rest.

Night all and hope your having a great one …

No comments: